𝐇𝐑𝐂 𝟒

Start from the beginning

"Go on. I'll be watching." Suna's voice rang in her ears. His sincere encouragement was stuck inside her mind. "Go break a leg."

She hummed and disregarded the stares that she was receiving. She gazed at her arms, pondering on how to receive the ball right. She closed her eyes again, trying her best to remember what her friend taught her.

"Receiving is pretty hard, that's why you have to use your whole body to retrieve the ball." Her childhood friend showed her how to receive the ball. (Y/N) scrutinized her friend's moves and narrowed her eyes a bit. She was looking at her friend who was continuously hitting the ball on his arms, she was crouching while resting her chin on top of her knees.

"Whole... body?"

"Yes, it's similar to how you would carry one-hundred kilogram weighs, you don't use just your arm, but your entire figure instead."

"T-Thank you."

"Why don't you play volleyball anyways? You'd be pretty great at it in my opinion. Especially at spiking and blocking." He sits beside her and rubbed the blade of her shoulder in comfort as he noticed how sad she was becoming second by second.

"I..." The young (Y/N) hesitated and stared at the ground. "...don't like hurting p-people."

"I believe you would never do that. You are..." Olive green eyes pierced through her own (E/C) eyes. "...the warmest person I've ever met. I would never think that you would hurt people. If you want to do something..." He tosses the ball repeatedly making (Y/N) stare at him in admiration. "Then you should do it. No matter what you do, even if it's not my personal preference, I will support you."

(Y/N) smiled. "Thank you."

The latter gave one of his genuine and rare smiles. "No, thank you."

He said to use my whole body to receive it, but this time, I have to use my arms to make the ball bounce back. In volleyball, you're not allowed to hold the ball. That's what he told me. I just have to apply it by my actions. She watched the ball intently going towards her direction. Straighten your arms, and let the ball float in the air. She followed her inner voice and smoothly transitioned into a receiving position. She stared at the ball in awe.

It's floating...! Stars were building around her figure, making some of the students smile at how contagious her aura was. She was seen as an unapproachable and negative person, so it's like... their views of her changed all of a sudden. Her class' setter smiled at the receive and decided to give the ball to her. "Eraku-san!" Her classmate called her while giving her a high... high toss that was close to the metal railings from the audience.

Isn't that too high? Atsumu and Osamu raised their eyebrows.

Eraku-san, that girl... (Y/N)'s classmate who was acting as the setter smiled at the memory. She remembered how she gaped at how the girl jumped when she was saving a cat stuck on a tree. She jumped at such an abnormal height. There's no doubt that she can reach it... The female setter turned her gaze towards the girl's position.

Is she calling me? What should I do? (Y/N) gulped and panicked slightly.

"If there's a toss, just jump."

Jump... Just jump. (Y/N)'s legs twitched, she covered her eyes at the light that hit the ball. Her eyes shone as she saw the similarities between the ball and the sun. They're both in the air! The ball is just like the sun, the way it glimmers is so blinding! They are so high! But, this ball... She stomped her feet on the ground and jumped. Everyone who was inside the gym gawked at how high her jump was. It was probably higher than the net, making them almost think if something like that was impossible.