~ Chapter 7 ~

Zara woke up to something unexpected. 

"Uh hi, i was told by Newt and Thomas to wake you up, sorry" A boy said nervously and rubbing his neck. He seemed to be Zara's age.

He's hella cute, wonder how old he is

Before she could stop herself, she blurted out

"How old are you? Shit sorry, i was just wondering, you don't have to answer" She said as she got up and walked around him to put her shoes on and brush through her hair

"No its cool, im 15" 

perfect

"hm" Zara hummed and smiled as she turned around to face him. He was just staring at her, his eyes admiring her beauty. 

"Your beautiful" He said quickly. His eyes widened and he clapped his hands over his mouth

"Seems I'm not the only one who can control my words" Zara laughed and thanked him. 

They made their way out of her tent to go find Newt and Thomas. The boy made jokes and they harmlessly flirted on their way. 

"Alright there they are, i have to go help cut the wood for tonight's fire" He said

"Wait, i never got your name!" Zara called

"Jackson" He smiled

"Zara" She said and shook his hand. He walked away and she made her way over to Newt and Thomas smiling and blushing. 

"Ooh someone's blushing" Newt teased

"I am not" She denied

"You so are though!" Thomas laughed and poked her cheek where she was blushing

"Fuck off" She laughed and hid her face in her hands

"What did you guys want?"

"Huh?"

"You sent him to wake me up" 

"Oh yeah we just wanted you two to meet we don't actually need anything" Thomas said

"So you're setting me up with people now" She muttered. 

He knows about Alec why would he do that i literally told him yesterday.

"Yeah well thanks but i would prefer if you would mind your own business. If i want a boyfriend i will take it upon myself to get one. I don't need your unwanted help. There's someone else anyway and you know that" She spat as she got up to leave. 

"Zara he died 2 years ago! Don't you think it's time to move on? Stop brooding over someone that's not even here. He's dead. You can't be with him-"

"I KNOW!" Zara screamed with rage filling her face. Newt and Thomas were startled. 

She began to tear up and her face fell from anger to sadness

"i know" she said softly, more like she was saying it to herself than to them. There were tears slowly falling down her face as she turned and walked away.

She headed over to Sonya's tent and was greeted in. 

"Hey Zara whats u- oh why are you crying?" She asked as she walked over and guided her to her chair

"I went totally crazy on Newt and Thomas when they were only trying to help and they made me realise that i need to get over Alec" She poured out. She has told Sonya who Alec was before. 

"Zara you need to take your time. No one knows how it felt for you to lose him. You can't let anyone tell you when your not broken anymore. You can't listen to someone else tell you when your healed, because they can't. You'll know when your ready ok?" She said as she hugged her.