🌙 Chapter 1 🌙

Yutsuki Pov

5 years ago
Okinawa, Japan

"Argh! Dammit!" I heard someone yell near me. Today is one of the days I can take a rest from college and so I went to the nearest skate park in town.

The summer heat was unbearable, even if you could feel the air while you skate, the heat would always overpower it. It was understandable why someone would curse the heat, but that wasn't exactly the reason why they did.

I looked over the concrete partition I was resting on and saw a boy with red hair that went all over the place, sitting on the ground with another boy who was offering a hand towards him.

My eyes darted to the skateboards both males were holding, reflexively making me clutch my own. "Hey, you two over there!"

They flinched at the sound of my voice and turned their heads at my direction, sighing, probably relieved to see that it wasn't a police officer.

"You two are beginners?" I asked while sliding down with my board on hand.

Their eyes sparkled the moment they saw my board and immediately greeted me. "I'm Reki Kyan, nice to meet you!"

The other boy also greeted me, with similar energy that came from Reki. One told me he picked up skateboarding because it looked cool, and the other said it was because he was asked to do it with him.

"I'm Yutsuki, just Yutsuki." I introduced myself and set my board down. "Ne, do you two want to see what real 'cool' skating looks like?"

They nodded their heads repeatedly, anticipation in their eyes. Judging from their baby faces, they would be around first years in middle school.

I climbed up to one side of the vert ramp and positioned myself in the center, the two boys also backed up and watched from the sides.

I pushed my board and stepped on the tail part of the deck, making it stand up just at the edge of the ramp. I placed my other foot on the nose of the board and proceeded to go down the ramp.

Pushing the ground more with my foot to accelerate my speed and uphill the ramp, I held my board and jumped from the edge of the ramp, flipping my whole body with my board around for the landing.

I landed safely and went downhill, stopping just in front of the two boys who still had their gaze set on the edge of the ramp I just went down on. It was a quick display, but it was enough to show the skill of a skater.

"Amazing!! So high!!"

"Really really high!!"

"You jumped atleast twice your height!!"

"I don't know if the last one was supposed to be a compliment or an insult, but thanks."

I felt a sense of pride surrounding me. Since the people I am usually with are also equally good, compliments like these are rarely directed at me.

'But if it's the height of the jump we're talking about, I'm in a whole different league.'

I patted the two boys in the head, feeling like the older sister once in a while.