Prologue

3rd Pov

"They said two weeks to full recover." Reki said as he stepped out of the emergency room to the hallway, where Langa, Shadow and Miya were waiting.

"Nothing wrong with my head!" He declared making the other three sigh in relief.

"You're lucky you got off with just that much." The youngest of the bunch said.

"Sorry about that, Miya. I told you I'd win"

"That's why I told you. There's no way a slime can win against the final boss."

"But you know... I'll promote you to a golem or something." Miya murmured, a small blush adorning his cheek.

Reki didn't quite hear what the younger boy said while Langa misheard it. "He said you looked cool."

Miya took a few steps back and stopped just in between of the two of them, letting out his inner cat genes and hissing at Langa. "I didn't say anything like that!"

"Let's not fool around. We have someone here that's next in line for skating against ADAM." Shadow stepped up, facing the group.

Reki's eyes widened, realizing who Shadow was pertaining to and quickly apologized to Langa, blaming himself for being the cause of having Langa face ADAM.

"Oh you mean, mister blue there is next huh?"

All four of them turned to see a figure emerging from the shadows, had they not known better, they would think it's a ghost, much to Reki's dismay.

She took off her cap and hood, revealing short purple colored hair and a slightly short stature. "Yo Reki, I was watching y'know?"

Something clicked inside Reki's head, figuring out who owns this voice and features. "Yutsu- 'Moon'!!"

"Moon? You mean-"

"Mi sol queridìsimo! Oh como te extrañé."

The girl leaped in to hug Reki, careful to not touch his injured arm. The latter returned the hug with his free hand.

"Yutsuki-nee, I didn't understand a word you just said, but welcome back." She let go of him and beamed a smile, getting a similar smile in return.

The other three were at loss, one who is totally confused, and the other two who were not only confused but also shocked.

"Wait- you know moon?!"

"Who doesn't in 'S'?"

"Personally?!" Shadow exclaimed, pointing from Yutsuki to Reki and again.

"So do I." Miya answered, puffing his chest out as an act of boasting.

"Oh Shadow, your makeup looks as dumb as always." Yutsuki teased, putting a hand over her mouth to stop herself from snorting.

Higa Hiromi and Yutsuki knew each other to some extent, Yutsuki was a regular at the flower shop Hiromi works at, and they also knew of each other at 'S'. Not to mention that they're around the same age, with her being legal enough to adopt Reki as she used to say.

Though they don't specifically get along well. Yutsuki loved teasing the always angry, love sick, stupid makeup sensed man after all, as she did with everyone else. While Shadow hated her guts and the fact that she's better at him is something he'll never admit.

"Now now, I'd rather not have a reunion in a hospital if possible." Yutsuki said, clapping her hands as she walked towards the exit. "Let's eat out, my treat."

🌙

"Langa huh? So you're classmates with Reki? And you came to Okinawa around 2 months ago. No wonder you don't know me."

The five of them were seated inside the local ramen shop, the go-to for both Reki and Langa, and also for Shadow. "She's a legend at 'S' Langa! She's THE Moon!" Reki excitedly declared immediately after gulping down the soup.

Langa had sparkles in his eyes, thinking that if Reki acknowledges her existence in 'S' and her skill in skating that much, then she must be really good.

"A lot changed in 'S' since the 7 months you were gone." Miya mentioned as he looked at the older female who returned the eye contact.

Yutsuki tilted her head before putting half of the boiled egg in her mouth and chewing.

"Changes like- him," Miya pointed at Langa. "-and ADAM." He finished, paying close attention to Yutsuki's reaction.

It was a well known fact for long-time 'S' members that Moon hated Adam, and Adam hated Moon. Not like how Cherry would always insult Joe and vice versa without fail everytime they meet, but like how a victim would hate the suspect.

The air around those two was always suffocating, only Joe and Cherry, who were used to it, still had the nerve to stay near the two when all of them are together. Yutsuki went to the same school as the latter two. All four of them were friends and created 'S' due to their similar hobby, but Yutsuki's relationship with Adam-

It was complicated.

Shindo Ainosuke and Yutsuki Alire (ah-lih-reh), both were so similar yet never got along. Though, not even the people closest to them knew why.
(Alire is her surname btw)

"Hearing that alias still leaves a foul taste damn it."

The group went silent, Langa didn't know why but it's not like he can't read the mood. "Well, let's end it here today. Shadow, take them home." Yutsuki said, standing up from her seat.

"Don't order m-" Shadow started.

"Oh and Langa?"

"Hey!"

Yutsuki smiled as she patted Langa and Reki's heads.

"The moon will be watching."