Downworlders: All Entries (Messidina Perlyne)

En başından başla

"Silver seems to be 'in' this year," she said. One of the girl vampires wandered over to me.

"You'll be dead before you get into the arena if you keep that up," she laughed quietly,

"Why?" I asked innocently. She stopped laughing and gave me an 'are-you-serious' look before walking off muttering to herself. Suit yourself then, I shrugged. Following my fellow vampires, we got onto the train – only to find every other tribute in here. I thought of every curse word in my head before putting on my best smile. I could smell the warlocks on the train. Maybe I could just kill them now. For revenge. Or, I could use them. I would make my mind up later, for now, my attention was drawn to a table full of blood-filled wine glasses. I grabbed one greedily and tasted the sweet blood. They must have added sugar or something.

I picked up another full one and spun around – only for it to get spilled onto the ground. I gave a death stare to the warlock in front of me.

"What the f.." I swore and shouted obscenities at him. I shoved him to the ground, "You made me spill my freaking blood!" Maybe I was overreacting but I was going to use this later on, how else would I explain that I'm violent? "I'll kill you right now you little sh*t!"

"Back off, psycho!" he shouted. A Peacekeeper grabbed my arm and began pulling me back.

"Get the hell off me, dirtbag!" I screamed, then looking at the warlock, "You'll pay for that!" I continued cursing every single name at him – the entire 32 tributes stared at the scene. Well, everybody knows me now. I got led into a hall.

"Cool off, girly. I'll come get you when you can go back." The Peacekeeper said and disappeared into a small room a few meters away. I sat on the floor with a back leaning on the wall. At least I won't have to put up with those idiots in the other room.

It wasn't long before someone disturbed my peace though.

"What are you doing?" a boy asked. Faerie, by the looks of him.

"Someone split my blood, and now I'm really thirsty and I can't go back." I put on a sad face.

"You're the psycho one, right?" he said cautiously, staying out of my reach.

"If psycho means crazy, then yes. But I didn't mean to. I just miss my family and home..." I have no family kiddo – but you don't know that.

"You'll be fine. Do you want anything?" he asked.

"I think I just need some time alone." I sobbed. Alone so I don't have to put up with you. Thankfully the kid disappeared down the hall and I was left alone.

I went to the door I saw the Peacekeeper disappear into and listened in.

"You mean, we get to pick who will win before anything starts?" one of them said.

"We do that every year," it sounded like some of authority who they were talking to, "That way, no cannibals or psychopaths win. We also don't want they person to be nice, we have to hurt them in the Games."

"Why don't we get to pick every year then?"

"Because I have. But this year, things are different. I want you to find out who these tributes are and give me their weaknesses. The strongest tribute always wins, but we can pick out of them. Like that one you told me about earlier, was it the vampire girl?"

"Messidina, sir." The Peacekeeper answered, pronouncing my name wrong.

"Yes, well, she needs to be killed. I don't want a total idiot winning either." The man finished with a short farewell and something clicked and the Peacekeepers resumed talking.