Blake was happy as he was. If the curse is lifted, he would become the next Emperor without any problems. There would be no room for Richard to intervene.

"What can I do for you?"

But, why did the male lead come to see me?

Richard was a calculating man. He wouldn't do anything that didn't benefit him. He approached Diana in the original book because he felt she was very valuable since she had lifted Blake's curse. (Although he realizes his genuine love for the heroine in the end because it is a romance novel.)

He would have found no use of me being the wife of an abandoned prince.

"You made a scene as soon as you got married."

"A scene?"

"I heard you've fired many of the palace's servants"

"Ah..."

I see... He must have planted a spy among the servants I fired.

Currently, Richard was only 14 years old. Yet, he had already planted a spy at this young age. I already knew from the book.

The maid who usually aided Blake was originally Richard's maid. What surprised me was that Richard suddenly came to see me face to face.

Wasn't he very cautious?

Richard was so thorough that he could get rid of his enemies one by one with all sorts of schemes, but he was never to be seen until the last minute.

I didn't expect him to visit me as soon as I fired a spy. He might as well be blatantly admitting that he had planted a spy in the Crown Prince's palace.

"So?"

"You acted rashly, so unlike yourself."

What? He spoke as if he knew me well. Was there a point of contact between Richard and Ancia?

"What do you mean?"

"The family of Marquis Hamel is trusted by the Emperor. It was impudent to imprison the eldest son of the late Marquis. His Majesty himself chose all the other courtiers. It was not right to just fire them."

Yeah, after all they're all spies planted by you and your family.

I held back with what I wanted to say and smiled as if I knew nothing.

"You can't keep people you can't trust."

"If you want loyalty, you need generosity. You can't get that if you fire them so easily like that."

Why on earth did this guy suddenly appear before me and busy himself with giving me this ridiculous sermon?

"That's rude. It's none of young master's business.

"If you don't have anything to do with it, you should go now."

I was curious about the relationship between Richard and Ancia, so I continued the conversation, but I was soon irritated by his nonsense.

I firmly expressed my displeasure and ordered him to go. Richard, however, had a rather haughty smile on his face.

"Are you being sulky?"

"Pardon?"

"Are you upset because I won't receive your love?"

What is this bullshit?

"You like me, right?"

Richard was a schemer, but he wasn't the type to just make up a story. It didn't appear in the original story, but it seems that Ancia liked Richard.