Sucks to be sick. Sometimes

Chapter 9

You never got sick. You weren't really able to in your like of work. But since your last case had wrapped up you did what anyone in your situation that has time off would do. You took it, putting Nyquil by your bed and some 7-up in arms reach you turned your cellphone off and spent Thursday, Friday, and most of Saturday in bed sleeping. Which you probably would have been still if it wasn't for the knocking on the door.

Getting up you go and look through and then open the door to a flustered Eric.

"You said you were sick. But you haven't responded in days. Are you okay?"

Nodding as you let him in. "Yes I needed to just rest and sleep it away."

He sighs. "Well I was worried." He holds up the bags he's got. "I brought some pho broth, and some eucalyptus, lavender bath salts. Vicks, and ice cream."

You smile at him. "That was super nice of you. I would say you didn't have to but I'm glad you did."

He smiles and strokes your hair. "I'm glad I did too. So why don't you go take a hot bath. I'll put the other stuff away and if you want I can hang out and watch a movie while I make sure you eat something."

You take the Walgreens bag from his hand. "You don't have any plans?"

"Nope I'm here at your disposal."

After your shower and soak you come out of the bathroom in your flannel pajamas and your shivering a bit. Walking into your room he's changed the blankets on your bed and tidied up. He has the covers pulled back and before allowing you to climb in he nudges you back and puts thick socks on your feet. When your comfortable he hands you a mug of broth that smells delicious.

"You need to eat even if it's this. And sweat it out." Climbing on the bed next to you he grabs the remote. "What do you want to watch?"

"Something action that I don't have to follow much. You decide." You say as you sip.

Finally settling on something he settled back with his arm around you. "Feel a little better?"

You smile and nod. "Yes I do. I wouldn't have done any of this. So thank you." He kisses your forehead.

"You're still warm. You needed me to look out for you. So you're welcome."

In the morning you wake up warm and look at your alarm. It's 5 your internal clock back on track. Looking to your left Eric is snoring very lightly. Fully dressed and on top of the covers. He looked so handsome and peaceful. Moving slowly you get out of bed and go to the bathroom. 20 minutes later you hop out of the shower and look at yourself in the mirror. Running your brush through your hair you then dry it so you don't get further sick. You brush your teeth and gargle and think about the man in your room.

You've had a few men in there recently. But this is the first one not paid to be. You hadn't been so attracted to someone in so long. Putting on your satin pajama shorts and shirt you pulled on your white ankle socks and went into the kitchen to make yourself some tea with honey and lemon.

 Putting on your satin pajama shorts and shirt you pulled on your white ankle socks and went into the kitchen to make yourself some tea with honey and lemon