"Very funny, Kakashi. Didn't realize you had a sense of humor."

"I can be a lot of fun, Y/n," he smirked at me and I saw the top of his cheeks were flushed a slight pink. It looked like he must have started drinking long before this.

My heart raced a bit as I looked at him in his normal clothes. He dressed pretty simple too, but I loved seeing his style.

Along with his mask, he wore a black long sleeve underneath a dark green shirt with a printed design on it and black pants with sneakers. His hair swept down in front of his face, and it was the first time I had ever seen it down before.

Guy sat with us once he finished making his rounds, and it was fun to sit around and talk with them. I was surprised to see all these leaf shinobi being so casual.

I was hard for me to relax since my team was on a mission, and I couldn't help my thoughts from drifting to them.

"You doing alright?" Kakashi asked as he rested his head in his hands.

"Yea, I'm fine," I smiled at him. "I think I'm going to step outside for a minute."

I got up and left the restaurant. I was planning on just getting some air but I saw a fellow ninja smoking, so I asked the stranger for a cigarette before he went back inside.

I hadn't smoked at all since I left the village with Naruto, but right now, it's all I wanted to help calm me down a bit.

"I thought you quit?" I looked over my shoulder to see Asuma approaching me.

I laughed, "I thought I did too."

"I guess I didn't realize you didn't like being around groups of people."

"Well, you've never really seen me outside of anyone other than just us or one or two others."

"And these days, I hardly see you at all."

I glanced over at him as I took another puff, "You and Kurenai?"

"You noticed?" he smirked at me.

"Kinda hard not to," I laughed softly. "Does she knows about us? Is that why she's been all over you?"

"She knew there was a reason I hadn't gotten more serious with her, and I think she just put it together."

I shrugged, "Mm, so she's smart and beautiful? Nice catch."

"You and Kakashi?" he asked in a soft voice causing my face to quickly heat up.

"N-no... It's nothing like that."

"Yea? And does he know that?"

"Hmm? I don't know what you mean."

"I've been friends with him a long time, Y/n. It's pretty obvious there's something there."

I laughed, "It's definitely not so obvious to me, but if you say so."

"So how do you feel about him?" he asked in a rather serious tone.

Suddenly, a drunken girl burst out of the restaurant and threw herself onto Asuma.

"Asuma, honey, what are you doing out here!? You left me all alone," she pouted playfully.