11: The Bells

"How's it going over here?" I asked as I dropped down next to Tsunade, Shizune, and Jiraiya.

"Well, it's looking like this might take awhile," Jiraiya huffed.

I leaned up against a tree to watch as Naruto and Sakura continued to fight against Kakashi. I was surprised to see he was using his sharingan against them, and even more surprised to see how well Naruto and Sakura were doing.

I smirked, "I think I'll go check in."

"Don't interfere," Tsunade called out as I took off.

I moved through the trees until I spotted my white-haired friend sitting up against a tree.

"Looks like someone is getting a workout," I teased as I approached him.

"Jiraiya and Tsunade trained little monsters," he sighed.

"Mm, you helped," I smiled at him.

Suddently, Naruto and Sakura leapt out and launched towards us. I didn't want to get in the way, so I jumped up to a tree branch above them.

"Kakashi-sensei!! Listen to this!" Naruto yelled. "I know the final plot twist to Icha Icha! The hero is none other than..."

I watched as Kakashi's eyes widened, and he quickly covered his ears, "No!!!" I laughed as he slammed his eyes shut and tried to hide away. Poor guy, they found his one weakness.

I hopped back down after Naruto and Sakura grabbed the bells, and Kakashi realized what had happened.

"Kakashi," I smiled. "Naruto played you."

"Huh?" he looked at me.

"That book sucked so much, I didn't even get past page 10!" Naruto yelled. "I couldn't have spoiled it for you!"

He sighed, "I deserved that." I laughed as I patted his back.

Tsunade and Shizuen walked up, "Aright you two! Good job! I think I know what your status will be."

"Our status?" Naruto asked.

"You two will be back on a team with Kakashi and Y/n. You'll be known as Team Kakashi."

"Team Y/n would've sounded better," I huffed.

"That's so cool!!!" Naruto yelled. "So now what!? What does that mean?!"

"It means we'll be doing all of our missions together," Kakashi explained. "We're all peers now. No longer sensei and students, but Leaf shinobi."

I smiled at the young students who looked so surprised, "Good job you two."

We walked off towards the village. Kakashi had his head back in his book, Naruto and Sakura were chatting away, and I looked up happily at the night sky.

"Kakashi-sensei! Do you think I'm better than you now!?" Naruto called out.

"Not even close," Sakura huffed.

"I'm not quite sure about that. I've actually been just working on a new jujutsu technique."

I quickly looked over to him, "Hm? You didn't tell me about that."