2: Caught

**Time Jump: 5 Years**

I sat alone at a bar, drinking my third class of whiskey. I wasn't usually a drinker, but this godawful village reminded me how much a girl sometimes just needs a drink.

I gave my long, black hair a break from its usual high pony tail and let it rest down my back. My golden eyes getting droopy from the alcohol.

"Mind if I get a menu?" I asked a server walking by.

I wasn't planning on eating, but drinking alone in a booth made for 4 was a sad sight, even for me.

"Hey kid, mind if I sit?" a tall blonde woman asked me.

I looked around the bar that was only half full... There were plenty of other places to drink.

I immediately put up my guard. Is she another assassin looking for me?

"Mm," I mumbled softly, gesturing to the seat in front of me.

"Thanks," she slid in and called the waiter over for some sake. "I don't like sitting at tables. They're so uncomfortable."

I nodded, swirling my drink around.

"Plus, I'm hiding from someone," she muttered out with a smirk.

That comment got my attention and I finally looked up at her.

"Oh yea? Who're you hiding from?" I asked casually.

"Fate," she muttered. "One I stupidly thought I could escape."

I tilted my to the side in confusion.

She smiled softly, "Take it from me, kid. No matter how far you run, fate will find you. You can't escape what's meant to be."

I sighed and looked down at my drink, wondering if that was a sign to go home or a sign to keep searching for him.

"Hmm," she stated while taking another drink. "You look a little young to be drinking alone, sweetheart."

I smiled, "I guess I'm not really drinking alone anymore, now am I?"

She laughed loudly, "So what brings you to this dump?"

Glad I'm not the only one who hates this village.

"Just passing through."

"Yea? Where you headed? A beautiful girl like you."

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're flirting with me," I teased.

She let out another loud laugh, "I'm Tsunade. Nice to meet you, kid."

"I'm Y/n," I smiled back at her.

"So Y/n, where you from?" she started looking at me a little suspiciously.

She looked a bit familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it.

I stared at my glass before taking another drink, "A place far from here."

"Mm, you plannin on going back anytime soon?"

I looked at her, "No... Not unless I find what I'm looking for."

"I'm hiding. You're searching. What are the odds," she laughed softly. "So what are you looking for, Y/n?" she leaned in a bit.

"More like who am I looking for," I muttered out.

Suddenly, there was a crash through the entrance of the bar.

"Tsunade!! There you are! I've been looking everywhere for you! How'd you disappear on me!?" A man with bright white hair called.

"Where's the brat?" she mumbled.