Chapter 3: Nothing to worry about

Start from the beginning

„Water?" she looked at him like he was the weirdest person in the world, „Give me something strong."

Shin Ju exhaled with relief. When Yu Ri was still able to complain, she most likely was alright.
Still, he could see that she had cried.

„This is a hospital, I don't have something stronger than water."

„It's for animals. You can have human drinks here." she said a bit annoyed, then her expression changed back to sad and Shin Ju knelt down in front of her.
„What happened?" he asked again and covered her hands with his.

„I saw him." she whispered and his eyes widened. „Hyung?" he asked without thinking.
There was only one person in this world who could make his Yu Ri that stirred up.

She nodded and Shin Ju dropped on the ground because he had to sit down.
His eyes found hers and she teared up again. „Anastasia found him. I accidentally called him, but he didn't even know who I was."

„Of course he didn't.. He has a new life now.."

„But we're still here! He didn't change from when we last saw him, why can't we have him back? Ji Ah got Yi Yeon back! It's not fair."

„Does he look okay?"

Yu Ri hesitated to answer at first, then she pouted and crossed her arms in front of her chest.
„He does.. He has a boyfriend who's more handsome than you, it's not fair. Why am I stuck with your face?"

Shin Ju wasn't even a bit offended. He stopped listening to Yu Ri saying offensive things before they even got together. He knew she loved his face, but she was through and through Yi Rang's mentee and had adapted his habit to say mean things instead of nice ones, even if he meant the opposite and that was okay.
Shin Ju would never trade his precious Yu Ri for anyone else.

The doctor knew he would have to do something about this.
Together with Su Ho, the three of them lived a happy and fulfilled life, but without Yi Rang, Yu Ri was never completely happy.
Now she met him and he had to talk to Yi Yeon about it.

-

After discussing it over and over with Ji Ah, Yi Yeon decided to tell the others about Yi Rang, eventually.
Little did he know that what he wanted to prevent had already occurred.

Shin Ju jumped up from his chair and almost yelled at Yi Yeon: „What do you mean you already knew how he is? I thought we agreed to not look for him, for reasons!"

„I'm telling you now? Also I didn't meet him in person, Ji Ah did. I was just outside his apartment, looking through the window." Yi Yeon looked around like he did nothing wrong, being fully aware that he had crossed a line.

„Why did Ji Ah meet him? That's against the rules!" Shin Ju kept yelling, obviously upset that everyone met his Hyung by now, except him and Su Ho, but he was mostly upset for himself.
The other guests in the restaurant called 'Snail Bride' already looked over to them.

„Can you sit down? You're embarrassing me." Yi Yeon stayed cool and Shin Ju forced himself to calm down as well, giving the other guests an apologetic look before he let himself drop back in the chair.

„I'm concerned, that's why. I wasn't looking for him, I was walking by that art center and suddenly, I caught his scent. It's the first time since his reincarnation. I sent Ji Ah to check out the place because she has never been very close with him."

Shin Ju was lost in thoughts for a while, then he nodded. „Anastasia told me, he smelled him, too. It took Yu Ri by surprise and she accidentally called him out of excitement. She wasn't prepared and she left him alone, saying it was a mistake, please don't be mad at her.."