Before

"Stay in a group!" The boy's mom reminded him as she dropped him off at school. He nodded as he got out of the car and ran up to the school, excited to walk home for the first time when they got out for the day. His mom was working, and his friends always walked home. That's the only reason his mom ended up agreeing.

By the end of the day, the boy met up with his friends. They walked to one of the boy's houses and used the phone to call their parents to ask to go to the park. All of the parents agreed, so they went to the park, inviting the younger neighbor boy who wasn't quite in their school yet.

The park was completely empty when they got there. They stood on the edge for a second. It was usually a busy park, it was weird to see it deserted.

The boy's debated for a minute with each other on whether or not to stay, when a van pulled up. Someone got out quietly and grabbed the neighbor that had decided to come, and clamped his hand over the boy's mouth.

The other four paused. "Get in the van, and I won't hurt him," the masked man said.

The four boys scrambled into the van, horrified. The masked man set the youngest down in the van, who them scrambled into the arms of the oldest. The group all look at each other, terrified.