Author's Note

Lady Match is a Historical Romance set during the Regency period. It's a stand-alone novella but takes place in the same universe as the Howerty novels. Time-wise, it takes place between book two and book three.

Blurb

James Grafton, Viscount Gowthorpe, needs a wife. Recently returned to London, he reluctantly seeks out Lady Match, affectionately dubbed so by the ton for her excellent matchmaking skills, only to discover that she's the last person he wants to find him a wife; the woman he abandoned years ago in her moment of need.

Penelope Ward, Lady Mapleton, has a gift for matching the right gentleman and the right lady. A widow after losing the husband she was forced to marry following a scandal a decade ago, she's made a new life for herself. She's content and things are finally going well when she comes face to face with James, bringing back all the hurt and resentment following the scandal in their shared past.

Putting her personal feelings aside, Penelope throws herself into finding James a wife during the Winterbournes' annual Christmas house party. A task that is made all the more difficult when the handsome viscount realises the only bride he wants is her.

 A task that is made all the more difficult when the handsome viscount realises the only bride he wants is her