Chapter 2: Shadows

Start from the beginning

„I'm sorry.." Yi Jeong whispered. „I don't know what happened.."

„Can you try to explain? You looked liked like you're getting a heart attack or something.. At least you almost gave me one.."

„I'm so sorry.." Now Yi Jeong dashed to his boyfriend and pulled him into a tight embrace.
„I swear, I have no idea..Maybe I was just overwhelmed by my own feelings? Like.. if you suddenly think, what if all your happiness gets taken away and it just hits you.. I don't know.. am I making any sense?" he mumbled into the blanket and Woo Bin chuckled softly. „No.. but.. you're not breaking up with me?"

„What?" Yi Jeong looked at him like he was out of his mind. „Are you crazy? What gives you that stupid idea?"
„I don't know.. I was thinking what could make you so sad and I know nothing about it.. I'm sorry.. it was dumb. I know you can't live without me."

Now Yi Jeong laughed because though it was said in a mocking tone, it was true. He couldn't imagine a life without Woo Bin.
They shared a sweet kiss and Yi Jeong was shoving his boyfriend inside.

„Let's watch that drama, okay? I want to forget this. I'm way too happy to be sad." he said with a sweet smile.

„Okay. But you tell me if anything is wrong, right? Promise!"

„I promise!" Yi Jeong pushed Woo Bin back on the couch and joined him under the blanket.

It was a lie.

He didn't want to watch the drama and he wasn't overwhelmed by his feelings.
He was overwhelmed by someone else's feelings and it scared him.
It scared him, because it was too crazy to tell, but felt too real to be ignored.

He looked back to the balcony one more time, seeing a shadow dashing away.
This couldn't be real.. Was he going crazy?

Yi Jeong closed his eyes, snuggled up as close as possible and breathed in Woo Bin's familiar scent. It calmed him.
„I love you..", he whispered before he dozed off again.

-

Yi Yeon was jumping from one balcony to another and back to the one that belonged to Yi Jeong's apartment.
He was watching through the window, how gentle and caring that strange guy was with his little brother.

„Rang-Ah.. You really finally found love, haven't you?" he smiled.
„He's not that handsome, though.." he muttered, thinking back to Ji Ah, calling Yi Rang's boyfriend a handsome guy and immediately got jealous.

Yi Yeon found the box of cigarettes, that had been forgotten on a little table and swiped it.
„Who told you to develop stupid habits like that..huh?"

He looked back at the sweet couple one more time and smiled. „Stay happy, okay. We all miss you like crazy but what we want most is for you to be happy."
Then he finally decided it was okay to leave. Yi Rang seemed okay. For now.
At least enough to leave him alone. For now.

Yi Yeon was considering to tell Shin Ju about this. That they unintentionally found Yi Rang and how.
But if he told him, he would have to tell him details and Shin Ju would start crying like a baby, because he missed his stupid Hyung so much for no particular reason and he wouldn't be able to keep the secret, because Yu Ri missed him even more and he loved Yu Ri too much and wouldn't be able to lie and then they all would want to see him and at least one of those three would do something suspicious, he just knew it.
No fortune teller would be able to foresee it better.
After some more consideration, he decided to sleep on the matter and talk to Ji Ah about it in the morning.

-

The next time Yi Jeong woke up, he felt much better. He had some dream he couldn't puzzle together anymore and decided to not waste energy on it.
The scent of fresh brewed coffee was already in the air and he heard noises from the kitchen.
Today was an off day, so he had all time in the world to enjoy a beautiful, sunny morning with his beautiful, sunny sweetheart.
At least that is what he usually was.
The memory of Woo Bin's devastated face came back with a bang and tainted his good mood once more.
He had never seen him that upset and freaked out before..