Meddler- Kang Yu Chan

Where I come from, people just don't do that kind of thing. I mean, really, who does she think she is? In what universe is it okay to be so nosy and in somebody else's business. Chan (A.C.E) and I stopped at the local cafe to get some iced coffee. We are standing in line to order our coffee when a woman about our age, so mid 20s, comes over to Chan. She glances at me only for a second before giving all of her attention to Chan. Clearly I am with him, but this seems to make no difference to her.

"I just had to come over here. You're too handsome to pass up." She tells him smoothly. Chan starts to look uncomfortable.

"Hmm thanks I guess." Chan replies and glances over at me.

"How old are you? What do you do for a living?" The woman asks. I raise my eyebrow. Very personal questions there lady.

"I'm not going to answer those." Chan says. The woman lays a hand lightly in Chan's arm and bats her eyes softly. Trying her best to look seductive.

"Do you have a girlfriend?" She asks. Chan takes a second before responding.

"Yes."

"Who is she?" Chan looks over at me.

"Her." He says. I eyes almost go wide, but I keep myself together and just smile. The woman glances at me again.

"Could I have your number anyway?" She asks him. I almost scoff. Wow. She doesn't even care that I'm standing right here.

"No." Chan replies sternly. He grabs my wrist and walks around the woman. We grab our drinks and he leads me outside. He lets go of my wrist as soon as we walk out. We walk together in silence for a little bit. My mind is trying to piece together what happened in there. I stop walking and turn to look at Chan.

"Why did you tell her I was your girlfriend?" I ask him. We have always been really close. We're best friends after all, but now I'm questioning all of that.

"I wanted her to leave me alone." He simply says. I just look at him.

"You sure?"

"Yes."

"You could have lied and said somebody else, but you chose me." I say. Chan searches my face.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Chan asks and totally takes me off guard.

"What?"

"Why is it bothering you? Do you really want to be my girlfriend?"

"I don't know, Chan." He takes me by the wrist again and takes us over to a bench. We both sit down.

"Maybe it's finally time to talk about this."

"Maybe it is. How we really feel towards one another."

"How would you feel if I did have a girlfriend?" He asks me.

"I would be jealous." I tell him the truth. He nods and smiles softly.

"I would feel jealous if you had a boyfriend too."

"So what does this mean, Chan? I don't think either of us is ready to date each other."

"I think we should go with the flow with this. See what happens. We'll figure it out eventually." He replies. I smile.

"I like that. I don't want to rush us into anything. We have such a great thing going."

"I agree. I love just being so close to you." He tells me.

"Me too." I say. He stands up and grins.

"So, want to go to the beach and watch the ocean?" He asks. I stand up quickly.

"Heck yeah!"

YouKnowThatNerd