5

"good night, seok kyung." the girl nods, "good night, seo jun." the boy licks his lips before speaking, "i'll pick you up tomorrow?" seok kyung nods again and goes inside her house without another word.

"joo seok kyung. can we talk?" seok kyung sees her twin brother sitting on the couch. "wow, you were waiting for me? how thoughtful." the younger says sarcastically, "but okay. i can tell that you're tired. we wouldn't want you being up all night, right?" she sits on the couch across from seok hoon. "so, say it."

the older sighs. "i'm warning you one last time. if you don't stay away from han seo jun, i'll tell dad to send you abroad alone." seok kyung laughs maniacally, "you're threatening me now? i can live without you just fine now. i finally found someone who'll protect me forever just like you promised. so shut up." seok kyung goes upstairs, not listening to her brother anymore.

-

"seo jun, seok kyung. we've noticed you guys have been hanging out together a lot. tell us the truth, are you guys dating?" their classmates tease them as soon as they enter the classroom. "what dating? shut up." seok kyung answers, seo jun just smirking. "stop lying, you guys are definitely dating! look at them lie." 

seok kyung ignores the gaze on her, her twin's gaze on her. she signals seo jun to come close to her, and she whispers something in his ear. "seok hoon can date ro na, why can't i hang out with you? right?" the boy nods and looks at seok kyung's brother, a grin placed on his face.

"seok kyung, where should we eat today?" seo jun looks at the girl with sparkling eyes. "i can't hang out today, i have practice and tutoring lessons." the boy forms his mouth in an 'o' shape. "can i come?" seok kyung turns around to look at seo jun, "you know you can't. just go home for today, or hang out with your other friends." the girl messes up the boy's hair.

"but i wanna hang out with you." the cat-eyed boy whines, not planning to leave the girl alone by any second. "i'll try to sneak you in, i'm sure my teacher will allow it." seok kyung gives the other a small smile.

-

"han seo jun. hang out with us today." lee min hyuk approaches the boy, together with jenny, eun byul, and seok hoon who's staring at him dead in the eyes. "i can't, and i'd rather not to. i'm gonna see my pretty girl sing. see you guys tomorrow." the cat-eyed boy leaves, "hey! what pretty girl?! are you talking about joo seok kyung?!" seo jun ignores eun byul's voice and doesn't stop walking.

"what did they want? did they bother you? did seok hoon do something?" seo jun meets seok kyung who's waiting for him by the classroom door. "no, they didn't do something. don't worry, let's go." the boy wraps his arm around seok kyung's shoulder.

"see? i told you they were dating!" jenny speaks, the four of them watching the two walk downstairs. "what are you gonna do about it, seok hoon?" min hyuk asks. "seok kyung doesn't listen to me how many times i try to talk to her." eun byul scoffs, "it's your problem."

-

"how did i do? i sing good, right?" seo jun nods, "of course. you're the best." he gives her a thumbs-up. "it's past 11 pm. let's get you home." the boy pats seok kyung on the head, as they walk towards seo jun's motorcycle. "is your helmet too tight?" seok kyung shakes her head, "it's okay."

"seo jun, why don't you teach me how to drive a motorcycle next time?" seok kyung says, holding onto seo jun as the boy drives. "you look like you're gonna die just from behind. now you want me to teach you how to drive it? no, you might actually die." the girl hits him, "i can do it." the boy laughs.

-

"joo seok kyung." the twins' father calls her in his office. "don't go, seok kyung." seok hoon grabs her arm, and she slaps his hand away. "let go." she says coldly and walks outside of their study room.

"dad, you called me?" the young girl gulps. "i heard from the other parents that you've been hanging out with someone a lot recently. who's the boy?" seok kyung keeps her hands together, since seok hoon isn't with her. "he's a good friend. han seo jun."

"this han seo jun. isn't he gonna distract you from studying? you have your brother, what do you need han seo jun for?" joo dan tae sits on his chair, slightly spinning around. "he's really good to me. he helps me study too." she lies, knowing that if she doesn't, she'll get beaten up again. "make sure of that. okay, go." seok kyung quickly leaves.

"what happened? did he hurt you?" seok hoon checks his younger sister for any wounds or bruises. "he didn't, so shut up. it's too loud, it's annoying me." seok kyung takes her phone from the table and leaves, going into her own room.

seok kyung, now lying on her bed, distracted about han seo jun. does he like her? does he have a plan? is he planning to be nice, and then will do something cruel to her? a lot of things have come inside the teenage girl's brain. "it's not like i like him, right? joo seok kyung, have shame." she talks to herself.

from thoughts of han seo jun to having thoughts about herself. she stops biting her nails and types a message.

JOO.SEOK KYUNG: hey, han seo jun. should i cut my hair?

imhanseojun: why did it suddenly come to your mind? you shouldn't, i like your long hair so much.

JOO.SEOK KYUNG: you're useless. ah, whatever. good night.

imhanseojun: what's wrong with you? hey, are you mad at me? hey!!!! fine ugly face, good night. see you tomorrow.