1

"hey, twins. did you cheat again on the test earlier?" seo jun scoffs. "you know it's not right to do that, right seok hoon? you can't always save seok kyung like that just because she's your twin. that's why she's a brat, because you always give her what she wants." seok kyung crosses her arms, "han seo jun, shut up. you're annoying." the girl throws a glare at the cat-eyed boy. "hey, han seo jun. leave my younger sister alone." seok hoon speaks, moving in front of seok kyung.

"seok hoon, don't bother talking to him. let's go." the younger twin drags her older brother away, and seok hoon lets her while still glaring at the other boy.

-

"seok kyung~. joo seok hoon's princess, joo seok kyung. hey, joo seok kyung!" seo jun calls the said girl multiple times before she actually turns around to face him. "annoying han seo jun." seok kyung curses to herself. "i'm going to beat you twins this year. so do better at your cheating skills." seo jun leans down to the girl's height, messes with her hair, and runs away. "han seo jun!"

as soon as seo jun's gone, seok hoon walks over to seok kyung, hands in his pockets. "what happened? did he bother you again?" the younger twin shakes her head, knowing that the other would probably fight the boy, and it will turn messy. "don't worry about it, seok hoon." the girl walks away, seok hoon following her.

"ah, the twins." the twins meet the annoying han seo jun as soon as they walk in the classroom. "watch your mouth." seok hoon threatens before seo jun could even open his mouth again. "i haven't even said anything yet." the cat-eyed boy makes a fake pained expression. "wow, how ugly." seok kyung laughs. "hey, you're the one who should watch your mouth. me? ugly? i'm han seo jun." seok kyung laughs again, the classroom can now feel the tension, as it becomes quiet.

"have you seen yourself in the mirror?" the girl walks closer to him. "seok kyung." seok hoon calls, but she ignores. "seok kyung." her twin calls again. "your brother's calling for you, princess seok kyung." seo jun teases, satisfied seeing seok kyung's smiling face turn into an annoying one. "seok kyung, sit down." seok hoon says, getting in between the two. "han seo jun. i'm warning you, leave seok kyung alone."

seo jun scoffs, "joo seok hoon. you're so annoying. we're just playing like friends." he smiles, having a staring contest with seok kyung. the girl's eye twitches in annoyance. "han seo jun, you're so ugly." she whispers.

-

seok kyung enters their room first, followed by seok hoon who stands in front  of seok kyung who's sitting down. "seok kyung, i don't wanna see you talking to seo jun again.  we might get in trouble because of him." the girl keeps her eyes on her phone, "he's always the one picking a fight, it's not like i can just sit back and let him annoy me."  she answers. "i told you, you have me. let me be the one to deal with him."

"and let you be in trouble? no way." the younger shakes her head, making seok hoon sigh because of her stubbornness. "you know how rough dad is to you. the last thing i want is you going in his office, crying and kneeling for forgiveness." the older sits next to his twin. "you'll always protect me, right?"  she leans into her brother's arms, "of course i will. i always will, seok kyung. i'll never leave you." he whispers in her ears, assuring her she'll always be protected and never get hurt.

-

"joo seok kyung!" the girl sighs in annoyance, immediately knowing whose voice who just called her. "han seo jun. don't annoy me today, i'm not in a good mood." the tall boy grins, not listening to the girl in front of him. "the results of the school ranking just came out. you're a shame to the cheong ah arts high school. it's better if you just get lost with that twin brother of yours." seok kyung looks at him with a nervous face on her, and runs away to look at the results.

ha eun byul has beaten her again. she cries, already thinking of the consequences later at home. "seok kyung." she hides in her brother's arms, still crying, muttering 'i'm sorry' again and again. seok hoon's face scrunches up, knowing she's afraid to see their father. "seok kyung, it's okay. i'll protect you. i'll protect you." seok hoon tries to comfort the younger. while han seo jun watches from afar, his grin changes into frown when he sees the girl crying.

"hey, what happened?" he approaches the twins, immediately getting intimidated by seok hoon's glare. "i don't ever wanna see you talking to seok kyung again, do you hear me? or i won't hold back. you don't understand us, so you better leave us alone, especially seok kyung." seok hoon leaves, still holding his younger sister in his arms, still comforting her.

-

the joo twins stand side by side, holding hands, as their father's standing before them. "do you want to explain to me what happened, seok kyung? why is ha eun byul above you again? didn't you promise me that you'll beat her this year?" the younger twin gulps, too scared to speak up. "seok hoon? didn't you teach her all the stuff you know that she doesn't?" seok hoon looks up at his father, "yes. i'm sorry. i will help her study better, i promise. just let us be." he begs, holding onto her sister's hand tightly.

"no, no. i think it's better if i teach her a lesson tonight. seok kyung?" the two's father drags seok kyung away from seok hoon, the girl crying and screaming for help and begging for forgiveness. seok hoon tries desperately to tell his father to take him instead. but this time, seok hoon doesn't stop him like he always does. and his heart drops when he hears the steel door close with seok kyung's cry deep in his ears.