Chapter 12

ᐧ⭑⋇⭑ᐧ

"Delete the video right now!" I demand of him. "Why is that?" He laughs and continues to provoke me with the video. "Where did you find it?" "On your old school's website, of course."
I'm totally confused, why is he going to my old school's website? And what is he trying to accomplish with this video now? What if I do start playing volleyball again? But I think since I'm so out of practice, that's not going to happen. That should be clear to him. Annoyed, I get up, grab my backpack and leave. "Hey, stop!!!" Tendou calls after me. Annoyed, I stop. "I didn't mean to chase you away." I hear him getting closer. I turn around and notice he's pretty close in front of me. "I'll delete the video, I promise. But only if we play a game of volleyball this afternoon." I think about it for a while, but then I agree. Maybe then he'll realize I'm out of practice and it won't work. Maybe I should play extra stupid too... Yeah, that would be a good idea. Better than someone finding out what happened and what if it happens again? No, it shouldn't! "Okay, deal, idiot. But I'd also like to see you actually delete it." He grins, "Okay, if you want it that bad." Then there was a brief silence. He was still standing so uncomfortably close to me. I got the urge to push him away. Or to hug him. I don't know. But I'd rather push him. No- never mind. But his eyes are still beautiful, no matter how annoying he can be... Somehow I see the innocent in him. Wait- why am I thinking this way now? I quickly turn around and continue on my way. Really uncomfortable.

Great, now I'm standing here in front of the net and I'd rather run away than be here. The gym is really big and the sports equipment is from expensive brands. The school can really afford it. "You ready?" I nod and actually wasn't ready at all. The ball came at me at an extremely high speed. I can't catch it. I quickly dodge it. "Boring!" He shouts. "Do you need to warm up?" "You're throwing the ball too hard." I answer him as I pick up the ball. "You're lying, you could have gotten that ball." I roll my eyes and throw the ball to him normally. He takes it expertly and kicks it back. This time I really want to try to get the ball. But as I watch the ball fly to me, I can't help but think of the day I lost my volleyball match because of that accident. I don't want to experience another concussion and broken bones. Because at that time, the ball was coming at me just like this. I had to catch it, we could have scored another point. Even though I knew I could never catch it. I wanted to. And then it happened.
So I just decided to dodge the ball. Those flashbacks are still too deep in my soul. "Um... (l/n) Are you okay? You look pale." I shake my head. "I'm fine." I say and put on a fake grin.

ᐧ⭑⋇⭑ᐧ