Chapter 5

ᐧ⭑⋇⭑ᐧ

It is now Monday again, the weekend went by quickly. The fact that my cousin was there made me very happy, but due to the move I have to expect that I won't see him often. It's a shame, but I'm trying my best to stay in touch with him. Anyway... I just can't get the incident on Saturday of Tendou out of my mind. And how will he be today? Tired, I stroll into the classroom, unfortunately I totally forgot the time yesterday and watched my favorite show all night. That's why I only had three hours of sleep or so. I sit down in my seat, get out my school stuff and try to read back into the material. "Good morning." Someone greets me, and I know it's Tendou. Without even looking up, I answer him with a, "Morning." And yawn. He chuckles, "Well, not slept in?" I shake my head. "Unfortunately, no. You seem to be awake." "Yo, you can say that..... The teacher will be here soon, don't fall asleep in class." He advises, to which I roll my eyes playfully. "I'll do my best to pay attention." The teacher comes in with an over-motivated, "Good morning!" How can teachers be in such a good mood on a Monday? I guess I'll never understand them. "We're starting a new topic and I was thinking that partner work might not be a bad idea for this!" Partner work? "But I will draw the partners!" You can hear some groaning and muttering. The teacher shakes a box with our names in it and starts drawing and calling out one name at a time. Oh no, now it's my name. I'm getting nervous, I mean I don't think I want Tendou as my partner and I barely know the others except Misaki. "L/n and..." Go ahead, just draw a name and say it. "Semi!" He's playing volleyball with Tendou. I don't dare look in his direction now, and I can already imagine Tendou's look. Probably exactly the same as when he saw my cousin. "Watanabe and ... Tendou." I have to stifle my laughter, because Misaki looks anything but thrilled. Tendou, on the other hand, shows no reaction. "So, now that you're all divided up, you can discuss in your groups." Everyone spreads out. Misaki goes to Semi, why is she going to Semi? They seem to be discussing something and then go to the teacher. No. Oh no, please don't, Misaki! I just stare in their direction and wait for something clear to happen to give me clarity. The teacher looks briefly at me and then at Tendou, who is sitting bored in his seat, and then back at the two of them and nods. It's what I think. Misaki comes up to me, grinning, and so does Semi, who has grabbed Tendou. Misaki: "Okay you two, we talked to the teacher, we'll just switch partners." "Watanabe ... Why?" I ask, raising an eyebrow. Semi grins, "Well, I'd like to work with my girlfriend." And puts an arm around her. Oh, they're together? Tendou grins like a kid at Christmas, "That's cool!" I don't know whether to be happy or not. "Yes!" I say, grinning...it's just partner work isn't it...?

ᐧ⭑⋇⭑ᐧ