Ch. 57: Inner Thoughts

Start from the beginning

"We're going to get home. We're going to figure out where these Eyes of Ender lead us, what we have to do where they take us. We're going to be fine, Clay." I promised gently, moving my hands to stroke over his face slowly as he stroked his own hands down my sides to hold me by the waist.

Clay kissed me, slow and soft as my heart fluttered and warmed at his unusual gentleness. His arms wove around me, pulling me in closer as our lips molded together and I slid by hands up to hold him by the back of the head.

This feels different. Like...like Clay's trying to apologize and tell me something all in one. All in one breath stealing kiss that's going on and on.

"Clay?" I gasped out when our lips parted but squeaked when he dove right back in and continued to kiss me.

"I don't..." Clay huffed gentle when our kiss ended again, cheeks a light red and likely matching my own. "I don't want to lose you, beautiful."

The admission was shy, drastically unlike Clay's usual character of confidence and smug pride.

"I don't want to lose you to those pillagers, or some slutty villager, anything. I..." Clay rolled his head back to rest on the back of the couch as his blush deepened.

"I'm not going anywhere." I whispered, laying forward into his chest and hugging him. His heart was pounding against me, and I smiled at knowing I make him feel this way. That I make his heart race just as much as he makes mine.

"I really...really care about you, my queen." Clay muttered softly, and I lifted my head to look him in the eye.

The smallest smile lifted his lips, and my heart felt ready to burst at the sheer emotion in his eyes. At the adoration, at the way he looked at me like I'm actually a queen. Like I'm the most important thing in the room.

Part of my heart wonders if he feels a little differently than just "really caring" about me as he admits. But I'm not going to push, not with how hard it seems to be for him to talk right now with his shyness.

"I really...really care about you too, my king." The way his small smile tore into a face splitting grin made me laugh before he pulled me into another kiss, wrapping my arms around his neck.

We kissed slowly, gradually picking up to the usual passion and speed that's normal with Clay as his hands massaged my sides slowly.

"We're going home together, remember. So, where I go, you go. And vice versa." Another smile spread over Clay's lips with my soft reminder, nose brushing against mine before he kissed me again.

"What did I do to deserve you?" Clay hummed between kisses.

"Nothing. You deserve the best." I answered pridefully, stealing his schtick for a change with a cheeky smile as he laughed.

"Leave the smugness to me. Humbleness is cuter with you than me." Clay said before making me squeak as he flipped me onto my back on the couch.

I laughed when he immediately laid next to me and cuddled me against him to spoon.

"Showoff." I teased him as he held me close, one arm around my waist and the other beneath my head as a pillow.

"Let me just lay you down and make up for all the bickering from earlier, okay? You love cuddling with me, don't you?" Clay asked against the back of my neck, goosebumps littering my skin at his warm breath.

I scooted closer until my whole body was flush with his, smiling at the happy hum he let out as he cradled me against him.

I'm happy we have his office to come to for alone time. I'm happy no one else has found this room.