Chapter 12: Meeting The Rest Of The Family- Part 4

Start from the beginning

"How did you-" Mirio replied nervously, sitting upright now, before being cut off by the green-haired student, "Aunt Mitsuki told me whilst you were asleep on her couch.

"Seriously Mirio, you're not setting a good example for me, I'm so disillusioned." Eri sarcastically added, berating him.

"That's enough though, I think Uraraka's gonna hold a gun to our heads if we don't tell her." Izuku pointed out, still chuckling.

"Don't cross me then, Izuku Midoriya." Ochako replied in a fake sinister tone, squinting her eyes slightly to look intimidating.

"Well since Izuku's the social centre of this group, I think we should let him start, plus chronological order would help." Camie suggested.

"What? How is the damn nerd the leader of this group?" Katsuki argued.

"Looks like someone's defensive, did that hurt your pride that much? Something tells me you're overcompensating" Eri teased.

"Eri! You shouldn't be thinking about that, you're still too young. Izuku how could you let her innocence leave like this?" Nejire sarcastically complained in an over-the-top motherly tone.

"You know the internet exists right? Seriously Nejire, I mean I know you're not blonde but you're still dumb. Guess you and Toga are cousins." Izuku replied sarcastically, feigning disappointment.

"You're stereotyping now?" Nejire responded, to which Izuku just shrugged his shoulders.

"Well before we get onto our 69th tangent," Izuku started, with Katsuki saying "Nice" as he said 69th, and then subsequently continuing, "Let me tell you the tale of how this sarcastic, dysfunctional group of people met." he stated, with everyone's eyes on him now.

"So if we're going off chronological order in terms of how I met everyone, then I guess we have to start with the most boring story: how Kaachan and I met." Izuku narrated, only to be met with the incoherent muttering of said Kaachan, before carrying on, "We both met before Eri was born while we were in kindergarten. We liked the same things and got on, and we've stayed friends ever since. One year after we met, Eri was born" Izuku explained, seeing the surprise on Ochako's face.

"Wait, so you've known Bakugo longer than you've known your own sister?" Ochako rhetorically asked, astonished.

"Yeah! Which is always a point he likes to bring up in an argument with Eri." Izuku pointed out.

"I have no idea what you mean." Katsuki replied, feigning denial.

"Clearly. Anyways the next story is a lot more interesting, and the third person I met in this group was Nejire, around 2 years ago." Izuku kept going, "So over the summer I needed to get a job so that I could support Eri and not be broke." he elaborated.

"Why? You were only 16 though?" Ochako asked, shocked at this.

"Well I was technically allowed ownership of our flat then, and I wanted to get used to living on my own, I mean the experience has clearly served me well, and me, Uncle Masaru, and Aunt Mitsuki worked out how I could do it, so they sent me money to cover my bills, they still paid taxes since I was a minor, and they still had their names on the lease." Izuku answered, reminiscing.

(A/N: Now I have very limited knowledge of the law in this context and how it would work, let alone the way it'd work in Japan, and although this would maybe make sense where I live, I have no idea if this is accurate, despite my best efforts. If there's anyone who knows better, please tell me how to improve this in the comments)

"Oh okay, that makes sense. That's admirable though, to think that you were able to go through with that." Ochako responded, in awe of her roommate.