"But I was waiting for you to-"

"Who told you to?! I didn't. I told you to not wait!"

"How can I let you eat alone!?"

Yibo sighed frustratedly, and very much audibly to Zhan. The other's heart hurt a little more.

"What happened? Are you okay, Bo?"

"I'm fine! Please don't nag me anymore!"

Yibo left that very moment, without letting the topic grow any further. Zhan looked back at the covered food on the table sadly.

He didn't know why Yibo behaved that way. Yibo has always been gentle and caring. Its very rare for him to be rude. Zhan tried to be more understanding, maybe he's just overthinking.

Zhan moved the covered dishes to the kitchen slab and cleaned the table.

When he went to the bedroom, he found Yibo lying on the bed with his back facing him.

Zhan slipped into the duvet and lied down. He looked at Yibo's back wondering, if he is alright. He tapped Yibo's shoulder and asked.

"BoBo, are you fine? Is there something bothering you?"

"No. I'm fine. Let me sleep."

Zhan now grabbed Yibo's shoulder in concern.

"BoBo, please don't hide anything from me. Tell me-"

"Zhan! Can't you just leave me alone!? Stop irritating me, for God's sake!"

Zhan retracted his hand at once, and mumbled, "Sorry."

He turned back again and hid his face in the pillow. He didn't want Yibo to realise, that his words were hurting him. Zhan was not used to this side of Yibo at all. He continued wondering, what probably must have happened that Yibo kept on behaving in such a way. He just wanted to coax him and help him relax. But the harsh words really made an impact. He tried his best to remain strong and not give in, but tears made their way anyway.

Yibo on the other hand was too disturbed. His team leader made him prepare files that were supposed to be done a week later, that very day without prior notification. Not only that, when Yibo complained about not being informed earlier, the leader made a big deal out of it and made it look like it was Yibo's ignorance all along.

He had to face his colleagues' despising looks almost all day. Thankfully, when it reached the higher officials, his boss himself testified for him, as he knew how responsible and diligent Yibo is, when working. The boss insisted him on getting an apology from the leader, and he had to run around the whole office with the man in search of the culprit, only to find later, he had long gone home. The boss felt sorry for him and forcibly took him along to his home, to treat him to dinner. And then again, the food was so awful that he couldn't eat. And finally, sneaking up an opportunity, he left the place and drove back home at midnight.

In one word, he had a very bad day.

He was very irritated and felt very humiliated for all the happenings, that he couldn't keep his mind in place.

His mind was busy with the thoughts of his day, when suddenly a muffled sniffle distracted him. Only then did he realise what he actually did. He shouted at his ZhanZhan for no reason!

Zhan was crying remembering all the words, Yibo said to him. He was irritating him? He was just trying to help! His attention got diverted when a hand slipped along his waist and hugged him tight. He felt a heavy breath tickle his nape, and a husky voice ring in his ears.