Chapter Nine

(Name) wakes up early in the morning and she's disappointed at her sister but she knew it wasn't her fault why she kept going back there even if they warned her.

'It's our fault why she goes there... Mom, dad, even I didn't give her any proper attention. What kind of sister am I?' The girl looks at her sleeping sister to see her clutching the doll against her chest. 'That's it. I'm going to talk to Wybie's grandmother about this.'

(Name) goes to the living room where the small door is, she then takes the key and locks the door shut so her sister wouldn't ever get in there again and also to keep the beldam out. She looks for somewhere to hide the key and then a sudden idea goes to her head.

'Taping it under the bed isn't a bad idea.' She heads to their shared bedroom and goes under the bed as she made it unnoticeable as possible. With a smile she admires her work until she hears Coraline yawn making her quickly get out of the room.

After awhile (Name) prepares her family's breakfast as the two adults come in greet her with their coffee already on the table.

"Honey we're going to the town today, would you like to come." Mel Jones asks her daughter who thought for a minute before answering.

"I think not, I have something planned today." With her answer the older woman just nods and opens her laptop and she's back to ignoring her children again.

Her sister and her parents left and now (Name)'s all alone as she prepares herself to talk to Wybie's grandma so she doesn't accidently alarm her. She goes outside figuring out where the path to Wybie's house is when the black cat from the roof jumps next to her.

"Hi cat. Can you please lead me to Mrs Lovat? I need to talk to her about our situation." They stare at each for a moment before the cat nods and begins walking away as the girl follows him.

They arrive at the house and the girl knocks the door as the older woman tells her to wait for her to come. 'Wybie's not here.' The girl thought as the door opens.

From the other side of the door when Mrs Lovat opens it she is surprise to see the familiar girl standing in front of her like she did all those years ago. She calms herself down as she invites her in wondering why she's here.

"Hello Mrs Lovat my name is (Name) Jones, please to meet you." The girls introduce herself as she shakes the lady's hand who returns the gesture.

"Pleased to meet you too, dear. Now come seat and let's have a tea." The woman pours tea in the cup on the coffee table as the girl thanks her and takes her tea. "Now, what did you want to talk about?"

"About... The house and the doll." Mrs Lovat face expression shifts from smiling calmly to freight and worry. "My sister, she recieved a doll from Wybie 3 days ago and weird things started happening." Seeing the look on her face, (Name) goes to rub her back to calm her down like she does with her little sister.

"I... I thought I hid it well..." The lady finally calms down and drinks her tea as (Name) seats back to her spot. "How did you find out? Normally that creature hides her traces very well."

"I had a dream on the first night and it felt realistic, I even got the book back from the other world. The second happened and I was already sure of it because of him. Oh, and you confirmed it by your expression."The cat who is sitting by her feet while grooming himself looks at her.

"I thought you and your sister were old enough not to get lured by her so I let you stay, I'm really sorry, dear."

"It's okay, it's out fault why she was lured. We never gave her enough attention but I will once this is all over." As she says this Mrs Lovat can't help but smile and thought of her twin sister and the girl who was like the one in front of her.

"I'm glad. And as for the cat, I'm happy that he got her owner back."

"Back? But he's not mine."

"Oh, he is. If you don't mind him of course."

"I'd love to have an intelligent creature by my side."

Coraline and Mel Jones just came back from buying uniforms but the older woman had to go back to shop for food leaving the blue haired girl all by herself as she wonders where her sister might have been. She goes around the house until she looks at the small door that's tempting her to get in so she decided to do just that.

The girl starts finding the key from the key drawer to anywhere she knows where her mother placed in but no avail until she goes in her room and sees the doll under the bed. She crawls to take her door that was staring at something above her looking Coraline also stare at it.

'The key!!' So it was her sister who hid it. 'Why would she hide it? Don't tell me she believed that nonsense.' She is referring to the two former actress on the basement apartment.

Coraline stoops in front of the small door and pushes the key into the keyhole and unlocks the door. She listens for her mother's car and her sister's footsteps. Nothing. Grasping the key between thumb and forefinger, she closes her eyes, she pulls the door open.

After the cat left Wybie came home to see the older Jones having a pleasant tea with his grandma as he stares at them confuse until his grandma calls him.

"Wyborn Lovat. What did I tell you about taking things out of my trunk without permission? I went to take something this morning just to see it missing, you better get it back or I'll ground you for a month." Wybie's overprotective grandmother scolds him about taking things without permission but didn't mention about the beldam as the girl watch the two.

She looks at the time and she was sure her parents and Coraline would be back by 10 minutes, thanks her host for the tea and the lovely talk. Mrs Lovat suggests that Wybie walks her home and at the same time retrieve the doll. Wybie agrees wanting to get away from the angry lady.

"So what did you and grandma talk about?" Wybie nervously because of the girl beside him.

"Books"

"What kind of books?"

'Books of spell that kill an evil fairy witch or shapeshifter.' The girl says on her mind as she hums. "Books about flowers."

"Oh, that's nice." The made a small talk her and there until they reached the girl's apartment.