Chapter Eight

The other house lit by amber spotlight looks magical with ornate gingerbread trim with glowing topiary in the yard. The kids come out the front yard

"You're awful cheerful, considering you can't say anything." Coraline says to the mute Wybie and he nods in agreement.

"Uh...It didn't hurt, did it, when she... " She points to her mouth. There's an awkward moment and then he points past her, excitedly: a small blimp is flying towards Bobinsky's door.

"The show is about to start." (Name) says in front of the younger kids as they run up the stairs and watch the blimp slip through and opening above the blue man's door. (Name) let Coraline knock the door and it suddenly spins, throwing the trio inside.

They somersault to a stop and sit up. Down two rows of small cannons that face each, an amazing miniature circuse has been set up with a ferris wheel beside it.

"Whoa... cool!" (Name) who ate little less of the food, saw through the illusion and what she sees is anything but cool and she was unnerved at this. She just wants to run away with her sister but she'll be eliminated in the second she shows that she's completely different.

While (Name) stands there with an unreadable expression, the other Wybie pats her back as he smiles at her causing her to smile back. Other Wybie stopms a firing button and a cotton candy shoots out of a cannon. He catches a cone as (Name) goes by her sister's side and then he starts firing off all the cannons.

Coraline looks at what her 'other' sister is smiling about and sees other Wybie covered in cotton candy making her laugh. "Look at you!"

Spotlights come on in the big top, the entrance opens, and a big voice is heard over loudspeakers. "Ladies and gentleman! For to tickle your eyes and ears and making hearts to thump, I ­Sergei Alexander Bobinsky ­am introducing..."

This catches the kids attention as they race to the entrance, stoop down to crawl inside. "... my as-tound-ishing, stu-pen-dulous and AH-MAZING Jumping Mouse Circus!"

They sit between miniature grandstands and watch as the little blimp, bathed in spotlights, enters through a flap. It circles around, rising to the top of the tent then nose-dives towards the ground. It crashes in the center of the circus ring and opens like a flower from which jumping mice spring up like Chinese acrobats to spell out the blue haired girl's name.

The jumping mice leap to the ground in formation as they bring out tiny instruments and the drummers starts playing. The drum major mouse parachutes down and whips out a baton and on his signal the group launch into a circuse march.

Coraline shaking in amazement and excitement takes (Name) by her shoulder and starts shaking her. She looks at the boy beside her and tells him that the show is wonderful as the boy smiles and nods to the beat.

Seeing her sister's excitement, (Name) fears that her sister is completely taken to this world and yet she gives her sister a smile hiding what's truly in her mind. She faces where the performance is to witness the mice hopping to the top until the drum major balances on the tippy-top on a colourful circus ball.

"Wow!"

The mouse on the ball runs down and around the spiral as the mice hop off and when he hits the ground, the tower drops away to reveal the other mister Bobinsky who cracks his whip and a shiver runs down to (Name)'s spine. The two kids clap followed by (Name) who pretends to be just as happy and Mister Bobinsky bows.

"Yah! Whooo-oooh! That was great!" Coraline cheers along with (Name).

"Very very thank you, ladies and gentleman."

On cue, the entire jumping mice band disappears into other Mr. B's sleeves while the drum major swings up from the man's moustache and onto his head, where he's quickly hidden by the tall black hat.

"We loved it, Mr. B. It was ... so ... so-"

Mr. B coaches Coraline in saying the word. "Ahhhhhh--"

"A-mazing!"

"You are very velcome anytime you like, you, your sister, and also your good friend there."

She happily turns to Other Wybie and (Name), beaming with joy.

"Dosvedanya, Coraline." Bobinsky takes her hand to kiss it. They them went back to their apartment and the other mother leads them to their fluffy, warm bed unlike their real one. As the two sleep, other mother kisses sleeping Coraline's forehead and sits back in the bedside chair.

She looks the button eyed girl beside Coraline with suspicion written all over her face and the other Wybie notices this so he starts to worry about the girl.