Kai harshly pushes him to the ground, and he walked away before he couldn't control his anger. For him, leaving Soobin behind is a sacrifice that he can do to save Soobin from further waves of sadness and misfortunes. Kai is also willing to be unkind to Beomgyu, for his friend Yeonjun. He is willing to do everything to save his friend, even if it means being a hindrance to Beomgyu's love for Yeonjun.

Beomgyu is still not moving, and he's looking up to the dark night sky. "Why do things have to be so complicated to Yeonjun? Since when does love become a sin? Why does being a grim reaper have to take away everything from Yeonjun, including his hopes and happiness."

There's a question that bugs on his mind. "Not all the dead people became a grim reaper. Of all people, why do Yeonjun and Kai have to be grim reaper?" He mumbled.

~~~

After the burial of Taehyun's brother, Beomgyu and Soobin left to give privacy for Taehyun's family, who are the only remaining people in the cemetery.

"Soobin, can we visit him in the hospital?" Beomgyu hopes that his friend won't be suspicious of his sudden actions.

"Sure! I'm glad that you do really care about my boyfriend. Let's go and see him so that he won't be lonely." Soobin lets out a smile.

Soobin bought a new set of flowers that he is going to replace in Kai's hospital room. They entered the ICU, where they could only hear the sound from the hospital machines. Beomgyu stares at Kai's sleeping form, which is different from the cold, aggressive, and angry grim reaper that he saw yesterday. Kai has a bandage on his head, and his body is pale.

"I don't know what's taking him so long to wake up. I hope that there's still hope for him to come back." Soobin said, holding Kai's cold hand.

Beomgyu felt bad for keeping a secret from his best friend since he can't just reveal everything. "What if he gives up? Since he is destined to die young."

"I can't imagine how my future will be without my first love. I feel like I'm going crazy without him. I'm still holding on to my faith, hoping that God will hear out my prayers. I wanted to make him stronger, just like what he did for me." Soobin is still unprepared for that possibility. He won't be the strong person that he is now, if not because of Kai.

Soobin lifted his boyfriend's hand, leaning his forehead on there, and he silently cried. For the many times that he cried, Kai is still asleep. Soobin hoped that Kai would wake up to wipe his tears and assuring him that everything will be alright.

"You don't deserve this. I'm sorry." Beomgyu gently tapped Soobin's back, hoping that he can comfort him.

They both went silent, and Soobin decided to talk again when he calmed himself.

"Beomgyu, do you believe that grim reapers are existing?" He asked.

Beomgyu almost choked up from his saliva. He gulped, hoping that Soobin won't notice his reaction. "Yes, maybe? Watching fantasy dramas made me believe about those." He tried so hard to speak naturally.

"I'm dreaming about them often. I don't know how I got fascinated by grim reapers, as if it has a connection to me. I read some books about them, including this one." Soobin gets a book from his backpack.

He is holding a book entitled 'The Kiss of Death'. "Usually, it only takes 40 days for a soul to wait there for their judgment. It says here that grim reapers are the lost souls who are staying for too long in the purgatory. Grim reapers are allowed to be seen by others, and they are allowed to live like a human to observe people, especially the ones who are going to die in the future."

"Does it mean that grim reapers can come back to life after doing their mission?"

"I don't know Gyu. I know nothing on how the God of Death is making decisions for the grim reapers who succeeded on their mission and for the grim reapers who broke a rule."

"Being a grim reaper is lonely, and it hurts my heart as if I am connected to the burden that they carry. Grim reapers have rules that are forcing them to be heartless people." Soobin looks gloomy.

Beomgyu breathed deeper as he could hear his racing heart on his chest.

"In this book, the grim reaper broke the rules, so it didn't end well for him. Beomgyu, I didn't know why I felt so much fear about the story." Soobin looks worried that made Beomgyu feel uneasy.

Soobin is indeed connected to them since his boyfriend is now a grim reaper. Plus, the grim reaper that Soobin mentioned reminds him of Yeonjun.

...........