Emerald Eyes and Golden Skys

Eyes closed and body relaxed, you lay against the red wood tree, surprisingly more comfortable than you'd ever been before. You feel Meliodas shift slightly in his deep slumber against your chest, his face nuzzled into your neck a little more as he leans against you. Your lips curl up slightly as your right hand, that was buried in his blonde hair, massagers his scalp some before untangling his hair again before another breeze passes by. You open your eyes again, the spotlight of golden afternoon sun that had been shining through the leaves above, had finally passed out of your eyes glare, with the now slowly falling sun.

It had been a few hours of blissful peace as you glance at the water through your long eyelashes, while keeping your head still against his. You knew you'd have to wake him soon, but a few more minutes wouldn't hurt. Suddenly the wind blows sharply to the left making a familiar scent of a thunderstorm hit your nose despite the clear sky's, you lift your head slightly and glance to the left. Exley's glowing yellow eyes peek around the corner of the massive root before he steps out some, cocking his head to the side curiously at you. Your left hand still laced with Meliodas', rested on his lower abdomen and your arm resting on his hip bone with his on top of it. Very carefully, yet reluctantly, you remove your right hand from being entangled in his soft locks, and hold it up to Exley making him freeze and stand tall, watching you carfully. 'We're ok. Go back to the tavern and stay.' You sign with your right hand to him as best you can with one hand.

He blinks and tips his head down some, letting you know he understood your command, but his left ear flicks back before he licks his nose and sniffs the air. Your eye contact breaks from his briefly, glancing left before you deeply inhale and smell scraps faintly in the distance along side something.. sweet? You look back to Exley, 'Hawk and Oslo?' You question making him growl so lowly it was soft, as he takes a step towards you with his right, confirming your silent question. You hold your breath suddenly as Meliodas shifts in your arms, gently squeezing your left hand in his sleep. You pause as dose the huge wolf before you, breathing out a sigh you look back into Exleys eyes slightly worried. 'Any other sins?' You ask him. He thinks for a second and steps his left paw forward denying it. You nod at him, 'Good. Can you take them back to the tavern?' You sign gently, trying not to move so much.

He step forward on his right paw and tips his head down, while staring at you with confident playful yellow eyes. As if saying he obviously could do such a simple task. You smile, 'Good boy. I'm right behind you.' You sign as he stands, towering over you both three feet away. He whines slightly ever so softly, shaking his head gently with lowered ears, as he stares at you with adoring eyes yellow eyes. 'I love you too buddy.' You sign back with a smile making his ears fly forward and tail swish gently against the breeze. You refrain from giggling as he turns happily and jumps clear over the massive root silently to do as you asked.

Your loving grin quickly fades when Meliodas shifts in his sleep, making your body freeze again. He kissing your neck before he turns forward away from you, as if too look up at the light blue sky, "I miss you..." he mumbles before he leans back into your chest comfortably, his eyes still closed. You smile and lightly squeeze his hand as you hug him again, "Captain, it's time to wake up..." you whisper in his ear softly, as you run your hand through his slightly tangled hair. He freezes immediately, his hand gripping yours slightly tighter as his whole body tenses. You refrain from snickering as you continue to detangle his messy wind blown, silky locks, "You know... I'd normally scold you for slacking, and for the stunt your clone pulled, but I sense this is the first time you've really slept In a while." You say gently over the breeze that blows softly around you both, making his emerald eyes flutter open hearing your voice just behind him.

He groans slightly, weather or not it was from your hand in his hair, or the fact that he's awake enough to know what the clone did, you didn't know. A small grin makes its way to his lips suddenly, and he looks up at you with shining emerald eyes, "You're back!" He states happily as he releases your hand and jumps up out of your grasp. You giggle at him as he spins around and easily yanks you up out of the soft grass, straight into a tight hug, "I missed you!" He says with a bright grin as holds you close to him. You smile before you pull back some and place your hand on his cheek, "I missed you too Meliodas... so, feel better after your nap?" You ask curiously as your wrap your left arm lazily around his neck. He chuckles and closes his eyes, leaning into your touch, "Yep, and now that the wood's been chopped, Ban should have dinner ready in a bit!" He says simply.