Chapter Six

First day. The first day at Hogwarts.

"Why do you smell like vinegar?" Tango chuckled as he and Zed went to check on Impulse, who gave an angry grunt. Ren and Scar chuckled and gave Impy a smile.

"He bumped against a barrel and got doused in it." Ren said as he patted the aggressive Hufflepuff on the back.

"That bloody MacMillan shoved me into one."

"He bumped you and apologized twenty times before trying to remember how to get rid of the smell." Scar reminded Impulse, pouring some Pixie Puffs for breakfast.

Impulse mumbled something angrily, then turned to his friends. "Are we even allowed to go to other tables?"

Tango nodded. "Yep! Asked Flitwick, our Head of House."

Professor Flitwick was a small man whose head barely peaked over the table, even with five thick cushions piled up so he wouldn't have to stand on his chair (which would ruin the purpose of the piece of furniture).

The Great Hall in the mornings seemed to always be stocked with magical cereals, toast, and endless pitchers full of orange juice.

Over at the Gryffindor table, our G.H. (Gryffindor Hermit) trio talked with Ron and Harry.

"Y'know, Muggle breakfasts are never this interesting." Grian pointed out, eating the last of his eggs. Ron gave him a curious look.

"How d'you mean?"

"Well, our cereals aren't as cool, we don't have feasts for every meal..." Grian went on.

Bdubs added in. "And no one is ever up at sunrise."

Harry and Ron stared at Bdubs as he ate a piece of bacon.

"You get up at sunrise?" Harry asked, bewildered. Bdubs nodded, and Iskall groaned, recalling years of memories from living with him.

"God, he sleeps from sunset to sunrise. The moment the sun goes down, he's usually out like a light. Then, right at dawn, he used to blast music and wake everyone up. I am not gonna miss that."

A boy named Dean Thomas then asked, "Hey, Iskall, where're you from? You don't sound like you're from here."

"I'm Swedish." Iskall shrugged, pouring himself a bit more cereal.

Now, our Ravenclaws, after all the owls swooped in, giving several people heart attacks, and Hermit gives the Hermits a sweet but short letter from Uncle Dedalus.

"X, did you sleep at all last night?" Mumbo asked suspiciously as class schedules were being handed out. Xisuma nodded.

"My dorm mate, his name's Kevin Cornfoot, I think, told me to sleep or he'd start chucking books at my head." Xisuma snorted at the memory and filled his goblet with some water. Mumbo sighed.

"How much did you sleep?"

"About five, six hours, which is pretty decent for me."

Mumbo shook his head. X's sleeping patterns were absolutely horrible.

Xisuma pulled two books out of his enchanted bag, which he now carried everywhere. Mumbo read the titles over X's shoulder: Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger (that just sounds so offensive) and One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi. X looked over their schedules and sipped on some coffee.

"At eleven, we've got Potions. I think we share classes with other Houses, might want to ask the other Hermits." Xisuma got up and walked to where the Z.I.T. trio were talking.