Chapter 5

◦•●◉✿ Take A Deep Breath ✿◉●•◦

Asuma Sarutobi.

The night was quite loud for Keiko, so when the shinobi finally stopped yelling at four in the morning she sighed in relief.

"Well, that's fine. I don't sleep much either way." She slid out of her bed, grabbing her black headband and strapping it to her left arm.

"I wonder if Naruto passed..." She muttered as she leaves her apartment with her casual outfit of black pants along with a red and black hoodie that had the Uchiha crest on it.

She walked out the complex and towards the hokage building.

Keiko took a deep breath, happy for the silence that was given as the only sound were children preparing for school or the academy.

For once a smile found its way to her face without the cause being her yellow haired friend. Her slightly blurry vision brightens as the sunlight shines her path towards the large and open building in the village.

Climbing the stairs, and passing by smiling assistants and staff who worked in the said building.

She informed the woman behind the desk of her meeting with the old man. The blue haired woman smiles and nods for the girl to go. As she follows the woman's instructions she also feels her gaze at the back of her shirt.

'People really do not know how to mind their business, do they?'

She grunts, knocking on the door and hearing many muffled voices suddenly stop.

"Come in." She opens the door with a small frown on her face and making eye contact with the hokage.

"What brings you here, Keiko?" She doesn't reply, her eyes quickly scanning the people in the room before closing in annoyance. She let's out a huff and walks towards the man, instantly stopping as two people jump in front her.

"What is it you ANBU want? I am a shinobi of the leaf, I wouldn't hurt the hokage. You, on the other hand, I wont mind breaking a few bones, you're annoying me." The hokage frowns while telling the ANBU to retreat

"But sir-!"

"She is a shinobi of the leaf! Your comrade!" The ANBU glare at the girl behind their mask before jumping away.

"Hn." She pulls out a letter from her pocket and hands it to the hokage. He takes it with a raised eyebrow and opens it.

"Why are you returning the money I gave you? And adding a few bills?" She places her hands in her pockets.

"It's been seven and a half years since that incident." A few jounins raise their eyebrows, wondering what she was speaking about.

The hokage's eyes sadden in reminiscence and guilt.