no. 10

🍄

Löded diper had been practicing for the last whole week. We were pretty good but I wanted us to be perfect for the talent show. Because of my perfectionism, I wanted the group to meet for another rehearsal. I prepared the garage by throwing a bunch of trash away.

My mom called me for lunch. The tv was playing while we sat at the table and ate together in the dining room. I pretty much ignored everyone and went through my phone. 'snow warning' and 'unexpected climate drop' were some things I heard from the tv in the living room. Then my school's website posted an information text, saying that school will be closed tomorrow. It was Thursday, so I had a longer weekend. I immediately texted the group chat.

-

löded fuckers

schools canceled guys. band practice?^^

cant come. I'm busy.
- chrisss

I'm with Chris...
- Olivia

obv
- y/n

guys... :.(

ben, y/n, dont yall let me down as well...

my mom said no
- benny

PAHAHHSHHAH
- Olivia

dont be sad. ill come over ;)
- y/n

ouuu, my number one roadie ;3

but be careful guys! snow warning!!
- benny

-

Yeah, whatever Ben. We never had a lot of snow in Plainview so why should a snowstorm randomly hit us? He takes things too seriously sometimes. Especially the news. I don't really trust the media tho.

"Rodrick. No phones while eating. We talked about this." My dad made me snap back to reality. "Is it fine if y/n comes over today?" I asked while filling my mouth with salted potatoes, avoiding eye contact with anyone. Mom quickly looked at dad shocked. "Y/n? O- of course." She said surprised, turning her head towards me again. "Yeah, she's always welcome..." dad tried to add something. I slightly shook my head, finished my food, and went upstairs. That was fucking awkward.

Before y/n came over, I took a quick shower. You know, just in case something could've happened. After the shower, I thought about what to wear. I just wanted to look as cool as possible. Standing in front of the mirror, I applied a little bit of eyeliner and shook my head so my hair looked messy but in a good way. I took a cotton swab to clean my ears and walked back to my room looking for a hoodie.

As I finished dressing I heard the doorbell ringing. But before I stormed down the stairs I checked if there was something in my room that could be embarrassing. I was on the second floor when I heard my mom's high-pitched voice. "Y/n, good to see you. Man, you are cold. Come in!" I quickly hopped downstairs to see mom hugging her tightly. An awkward smile appeared on y/n's face as she saw me. I smiled back at her. She looked very cute. I loudly cleared my throat to get Mom's attention. "Mom? Will you please..." "yeah, yeah...sorry." She sighed as she let go of y/n. "Come with me."