no. 9

🍄

November

I woke up from my nap in the middle of the day to the sound of the tv. I jumped up from the couch as the moderator says something about a talent show. Greg and Rowley sat beside me and flinched by my sudden reaction. "A TALENT SHOW?" I shrieked and slowly stood up. "Greg, we could perform a magic show!" Rowley said enthusiastically. "A magic show..." I chuckled and shushed the baby hippo. "I have to call the band. This could be our big break!" I ran upstairs and called Chris.

"Chris we have to play at the Talent Show!" I said into my phone as I fell on my bed. "Rod, that's alright and everything but did you know it's y/n's birthday tomorrow?" I sat up again and made a confused face. "What?" Was the only thing that came out of my mouth quietly. "Yeah. Olivia just told me. Gotta go-" he said and hung up.

I now realize how we never talked about our birthdays. But why didn't she tell me? I wondered what kind of present she would love to get from me. A necklace was the first thing that came into my mind. Last week I saw this trend with a lego heart chain. I could give that to her but I don't have Lego.

I should plan a surprise party for her! I think she would love that. I texted Ben, Chris, and Olivia, telling them about my idea. Everyone was okay with it and my suggestion was good. A slumber party in my backyard with a bonfire and all of that since it was not that cold in Plainview yet. We didn't usually have snow in winter so that must be the best idea.

My parents allowed it. I never thought they would approve. They are against alcohol but I knew Ben would bring some.

🍄

My mom even helped me getting snacks for the evening. I usually didn't like shopping with my mom but she was really into it. Everything needed to be perfect for y/n.

She watched me curiously as looked through the necklaces the store was selling. I noticed it and shook my head confused. I saw her satisfied smile which made me kinda regret shopping with her. I threw some cheap necklaces in the cart and ignored my mom's expression.

Everything was set but I still had plenty of time. I sneaked into Greg's room after remembering he has some lego buildings, to steal those two parts of lego. He wouldn't notice it. I found two grey Legos that form a heart, put them in my pocket.

In my room, I built the necklaces for us. Is it really a good idea? Not too cheesy??

Ben was the first to arrive. We only had three tents outside and he saved one for him. He hid the alcoholic drinks in a cooling box beside the tents. We planned that Olivia and Y/n arrive together and we all scream 'happy birthday' or 'surprise'. Chris brought some sweets and I got the snacks from the kitchen.

Mom and Dad went to visit some newspaper writers for this evening so I had the house until midnight.

The door opened and the three of us got into position. "Where are they?" Y/n whispered in the dark. The lights suddenly switched on and we hopped up from behind the couch. 'Surprise!' We tried screaming in sync. Y/n seemed shocked at first but a smile crept on her pretty face. "Oh my fucking god, guys..." she exhaled, pressing a hand on her chest. Olivia turned on some music that y/n liked.

"You didn't have to do this..." y/n giggled while hugging me. "Everything for my girl." I awkwardly chuckled. After Ben, Chris and Olivia got their hugs from y/n I started telling her about tonight's plan. "We're gonna sleep in these tents..." I pointed to the backyard. "...have some drinks, thanks to Ben..." Ben winked at y/n for a second "...and not get caught. Got it?" I chuckled and we went outside.