no. 7

🍄

I looked through my phone and saw this ad for silver frog rings. It reminded me of y/n, so without hesitation, I ordered it with the last few dollars I had on my PayPal. The second I purchased it I heard mom calling my name. I walked down the stairs and saw her, Manny, and dad talking to Greg. "What's up?" I asked, remembering that they were going away for the weekend.

"We are now leaving, guys." She told us all we need to know, even tho we already knew it. How she put prepared meals in the fridge since she doesn't want us to cook, when we should go to bed and how we shouldn't make a mess. After that, Dad threatened us to not have people over. "Bye guys! Be safe."

With that, my parents left me and Greg alone at home for the weekend. The bad boy I am, I didn't listen to my father and planned a party. "That's a bad idea." Greg scoffed. I shut his ass up and sent a mass text. 'Party at my place. Rodrick.' As soon as it got sent I got messages from the group chat.

-

löded fuckers

rodrick you crazy
- y/n

oh my god, man
- chrissss

I love you for that <3
no homo.
- benny

love you too, benny (っ˘³(˘◡˘ ?)

what bout me? ◕_◕
- y/n

you too, bae (^3^)

(.づ◡﹏◡)づ.

- y/n

I ship it.
- olivia

-

The messages from y/n got me flustered but I focused back on preparing the party with Greg helping me. After everything was done I get dressed in my coolest clothes. I also applied some eyeliner because y/n thinks is cool.

Before the first people arrived I decided to lock my brother in the basement. I didn't need a middle schooler ruining my big high school party duh. After that, the first people arrived, with them did Ben. I didn't know everyone, just a few people. Ben and I stood at the fireplace watching everyone.

Olivia, Chris, and y/n entered the house which cheered up the mood. We greeted each other. "Hey, wanna get a drink?" I asked y/n and we walked to the kitchen. I offered her everything we have. She decided to drink from the alcoholic punch bowl.

Later on, I lost her since she drank a lot and partied around, and went back to the others. We watched how the people got bored until drunk y/n walked up to me with Rowley and Greg. "Rodrick! I found these kids in your basement." She laughed and fell in my arms. I was still able to catch her. "What!?" I looked at Greg who was about to run away again. "Y/n, they were there for a reason." I chuckled at her trying to help her stand straight.

I intimidated Greg and Rowley to not ruin the party. They had the potential to ruin everything. I mean the party already was getting boring... until y/n had an idea. "Come with me." She said and took my hand. Again, I had this tingly feeling as she was holding it.

Standing in front of the basement door, she explained. "I saw a karaoke machine in the basement..." she mumbled. "...I think." We walked down to get it. I remembered when dad had bought it without asking mom first. So he hid it. It's been a year since then and she never found out, he never told her about it.

Everyone's attention was on us as we installed the machine in the living room. The first people were already asking to sing. It really cheered up the party. It was mostly try-hards trying to hit the high notes which was funny.

"You should sing something, Rodrick!" Y/n giggled with the sixth red cup in her hand. Hell no. I already embarrassed myself at Heather's birthday performance. "Only if you go first." I was sure she wasn't going to, but she did.

Y/n sang Crazy in love by Beyoncé. She was really fucking good. A little out of breath but I guess it was the alcohol. Everyone was hyping her up since her voice fit so well with the song. "Yeah! Go, girl!" Olivia screamed beside me. Taking a sip of my drink I watched how she started doing the shoulder dance thing that Queen B always does. Greg took the camera and took some pictures of her. She really enjoyed that moment.

She turned to me as she sang 'got me looking so crazy in love'. Y/n pointed at me, telling me to dance with her. I was nervous but I did it. I mean, I'm already a little tipsy so it's fine. We danced until the song was over. "Let's get another drink." Y/n sighed and walked to the kitchen again.

She sat on one of the bar chairs at the counter and leaned her head on her hand. "Can I ask you something?" I asked her while filling a red cup. "Yeah. Go on." She said drunkenly. "At Heather's 16th, why were you so pissed when we left?" Y/n looked down at the counter to think about it. "Nothing, really. Jack got on my nerves that day." I was a little relieved but a little thought in me hoped that she didn't want me to flirt with other girls.

We drank out of our refilled red cups as Jack walked up to us with his annoying ass. "Hey, y/n-" he was about to interrupt our conversation and flirt with her again but she started talking back. "Jack, stop. I've had enough of this shit." I feel like she was overconfident but I continued listening. "Don't you get it? I don't want to go out with you. Leave me the fuck alone! And stop texting me!" Jack looked very pissed. He eyed me and opened his mouth. "Whatever...you're not even that pretty." He said and left.

"You heard that?" Y/n said outraged while I chuckled. "Oh my god, he's one of those bitch boys who can't handle being turned down..." y/n sipped from her cup again. "What an idiot. You are fucking pretty." I corrected Jack's words. Y/n smirked shyly and we went back to the others who were sitting on the couch listening to people sing horribly.

There wasn't enough space for the two of us so I ran to the free spot and quickly sat down before y/n could. "You asshole." She scoffed and smiled. Without asking me, she sat down on my lap which caught me by surprise. I was okay with it but I tried my best not to think about anything or let something happen. Again.

Greg walked up to us with the camera and asked us to pose. Y/n was all smiley and posed for him. She also hugged my neck and kissed my cheek for one picture. Greg walked away and took some more photos. I couldn't get my smirk off my face. "Hey, are you okay?" Y/n giggled and cupped my reddened smiley face with her hands. I moved my head drunkenly. "I'm fineeee." I mumbled into her ear and hid my face in her neck. "You sure are fine as hell, Heffley." Y/n hugged me tightly.

"CONGA!" Rowley screamed, catching everyone's attention. "What is he doing?!" I whispered to Ben. "Who cares, let him. Look." He pointed at the line forming. "All the girls are into it. I'm gonna squeeze between Rachel!" He screamed and pushed himself between two girls. "Come on!" Y/n stood up and took my hand. She pulled me into the conga line so I had to grab her waist. I touched her body firmly with some confidence as we walked through the house.

The rest of the night was pretty fun. It got really late and the first people went home. Y/n was pretty drunk and needed to go home. "Mom's gonna kill me." She was very good at faking her sobriety already. Chris didn't drink that night so he drove Ben, Olivia, and y/n home.

🍄