🔪 Chapter 6: Orientation Day (UPDATED)

Start from the beginning

I place a quick kiss on his cheek and shake my head. "You look handsome as always babe."

"And you look beautiful as ever, my love." He said, kissing the back of my hand.

"Okay, love birds. Let's go, don't want to be late for the orientation." Heather said. "And stop the PDA stuff."

"Is she talking to us or you guys?" Lisa asked.

"Probably all of us," Eddie said.

Then we follow Heather and we're on our way to the gym.

We follow everyone and the gym building is not that far. It's an indoor gym.

We head inside the gym and everyone is already sitting down, chatting, and waiting for the orientation to start. 

And I can feel some people looking at me, or more likely, looking at my glove, and I try to keep it out of sight. This is also a struggle of mine.

"This place is huge," Heather said, looking around.

"And there are some seats over there." Eddie pointed at an empty row of chairs. We walk towards the empty row of chairs and sit down.

"Looks like everybody knows each other," I said, looking around.

"Yeah. But we'll get to meet new people during classes." Eddie said.

"Hey, Eddie." We look up and I saw a guy with brown curly hair and dark skin.

"Oh hey, Leo." He greeted.

"Is this seat taken?" He asked, pointing at the chair next to him.

"No, not at all," Eddie said. The guy named Leo nodded and sit down next to Eddie.

"Oh Leo, these are my friends - Heather, Lisa, and Sophie. And this is Aurora, my girlfriend." Eddie introduced us to him.

We wave and greeted him with 'hello'.

He waved back before averting his eyes to the stage.

"Settle down, everybody. Please settle down and take your seats." A woman wearing a dark red blazer and glasses said.

Everybody became quiet and returned to their seats.

The woman tapped the microphone. "Alright. Good morning students, I am Miss Eloise Roberts, and we will now begin the orientation today. So without a further ado, let us all welcome the Dean of Wood Creek University, Mr. Benjamin Wright."

We all clap and from the corner of my eye, Eddie has a confused look on his face.

"Wait... Leo, is that your -" Before Eddie could finish his sentence, Leo nodded and answer his question.

"Yep, that's my Dad." He said bluntly.

"Thank you. Good morning students. I would like to give you a warm welcome on your step here at Wood Creek University."

Then the Dean gives a somewhat lengthy speech while there's a presentation being presented on the screen showing the vision and mission of the school, rules and regulations, and other stuff.

___

After the Dean giving his speech, it's time for a school tour. Then after that, they give us time to get our IDs, entrance pass, and exit pass later.

During the tour, the campus is bigger than I thought and there are a lot of classrooms. And they have a library that has two floors, and there will be more libraries to see around here. There's even a student lounge.

"So Leo, you didn't mention that your Dad is the Dean of this school," Eddie spoke.

"Yeah but I really don't want to mention it to people but eventually they'll find out once classes will start." He said.

"I see. How come though?" Eddie asked.

"My father and I are not really close with each other ever since the divorce. And people will think that I could get away with anything and take advantage of me all because I'm his son. But no, I'm not like that. He was a valedictorian, high honors, model student and wants me to follow in his footsteps." Leo explained. "But let's change the topic. How did you guys meet and know each other?"

"Heather, Aurora, and I know each other ever since when we were little kids and we're also neighbors. So I guess you could say we're childhood friends. While we met Lisa and Sophie at the beginning of high school." Eddie said.

"I see. Hope you don't mind me asking but how did you two get together?" Leo asked.

"Well, Eddie here confessed to me first one night and we happened to feel the same way and here we are now,"  I explained in a brief way.

"How adorable of you, Eddie. You two look good together." Leo said. And I'm not sure if he's being genuine or sarcastic.

"Thanks," Eddie said.

"Okay, students. This is the end of the tour. You may now proceed to the registrar's office to get your IDs, entrance pass, and exit pass. You may now leave and you can have your lunch as well." A staff member said and students begin to roam around.

"Well, I gotta go and look for some of my friends. See you later." Leo said before leaving.

"So are we gonna get our IDs and passes now or later?" I asked.

"I think there's gonna be a long line so let's just room around for a while," Heather said.

"But the registrar's office will close at 6:30," Eddie said, looking at his watch.

"We still got plenty of time. Let's go and walk around the campus for a while." Heather said.

We nodded and take a walk around the campus.

___

Steven's POV

I just got off of my shift since there were not a lot of people in the store.

The elevator door slides open and I head out of the elevator. I look up and I saw Mr. Creed waiting by my door. What the fuck does he want?

"Can I help you, Mr.Creed?" I asked.

"Oh Seth, there you are. I need to talk to you about something. I'm going back to work tomorrow at a university and I was thinking that you could take care of my dog while I'm at work." He said.

"Oh, I don't think I can, because of my job. and I'm actually currently looking for another job."

"Oh, you're quitting your job at the photo store?" He asked.

"No, I just want to look for another job since I don't get paid much at the photo store. May I ask what your job is?"

"I'm just a janitor. A janitor at this university called... Wood Creek University." He said.

My mind just clicked when I heard the name of the university. That's where I can find Aurora and see her every day.

"Why? Are you interested or something?" He asked which made me snapped out of my thoughts.

"Um... can I still apply?" I asked.

"Sure, I'll help you with the requirements later. I still need to look for someone who can look out for my dog." He said. "I'll see you later."

He walked away from the door and I immediately unlock the door and take off my shoes.

I walk towards a table beside my bed and open the first drawer. I pull out a high school diploma which I forged. I have to fake everything just to get what I want.

This is my chance and I'm not gonna let it go to waste.

Finally, I get to see my little Aurora again.

'I'll do whatever it takes to make her mine.'

'Even if it means that I have to do it all over again.'

'Get ready Aurora. I'm coming back.'

Edited on: 12/17/2023