"Put that away or a bird will swoop down and fly away with it." You exasperated.

Eventually you two made it. Seeing Chongyun wave to you both from under a tree, you ran over and sat down next to him on his right side.

"I see you both made it without melting." Chongyun chuckled, his laugh filling the atmosphere with a sweet tone.

You blush, but the heat makes it worse.

"(Y/n), you look like you're on fire. Let's go get ice cream now." He said standing up.

"Get me a strawberry one, please. I'm getting really hot. I'm gonna stay under this shade." Xingqiu exhaled, waving his book on him like a fan.

"No problem. You coming, (Y/n)?" Chongyun looked at you, eyes filled with nothing but kindness.

"Yup." You respond, getting off the ground and walking with him to the line up.

"Not many people here today. That's good." You smile at Chongyun.

A faint pink hue appears on his cheeks, but it goes unnoticed by you because of the heat.

"Yeah, I wonder if this might be the hottest summer here." He smiles back.

"Next!" A teenage girl from the window called. When you two came up, her eyes lingered on the blue haired boy for a second, before she asked you both what you wanted.

"What would you like?" She simply asked you. You responded with your favorite ice cream flavor.

"And what about you, cutie?" She winked at Chongyun. In return, he furrowed his eyebrows and told her he wanted a blue flavored popsicle.

"Um, and can we get a strawberry ice cream too, please." He said.

She nodded and took the money from you.

"Aw, you didn't have to pay for me, (Y/n)." He smiled, looking in your (e/c) eyes.

You blush and wave a hand at him. "Aha, no I got it covered. I'm glad to."

The girl came back around to the window with a slip of paper. "Your ice creams will be ready in a second. But first, hey cutie, here's my number~" She winked again and grinned at Chongyun.

"Ah, um-" You look at him and he looks kind of uncomfortable.

"Um..."

"H-He's my boyfriend!" You exclaim, grabbing onto Chongyun's arm. "He doesn't want your number."

Chongyun blushed like crazy, but he doesn't pry you off. He never did during your whole friendship, and not now.

The girl made a face of disappointment and retracted her arm along with the paper, which she just tossed in the garbage can next to her. "Whatever, weirdos."

You huffed in annoyance. How dare this girl have the audacity to be so rude!

She walked away to fetch the ice creams. In the time she was gone, you looked at Chongyun and let go.

"I'm sorry about that. You looked uncomfortable."

He turned to you, smiled and ruffled your hair. "Don't be sorry. I was uncomfy, so thanks for saving me. I didn't want that strangers number."

You blushed and grinned. "It's no problem. I'll always be here to save your butt!"

She came back with the ice creams and handed them quickly to you both and walked away. You and Chongyun made your way back to under the tree, where Xingqiu was peacefully reading his book.

"What a journey." You huff, sitting on the ground, next to Chongyun.

"Why, what's up?" Xingqiu asked, licking his ice cream while his eyes read the words on his page.

"This girl-at the window, she asked for my number."

"Yeah, we can't let Chongyun get girls' numbers. He wouldn't know how to handle them." Xingqiu snickered.

"No-that's not it. She made me feel uncomfy, and after um, I turned her down, she called us weirdos." Chongyun sighed, biting into his popsicle.

Your jaw drops. "That is NOT what happened!"

"Oh? Is Chongyun changing the story? Tell me (Y/n), what really happened?" Xingqiu grinned from behind his book.

You blushed and Xingqiu noticed, making him snicker.

"I said he was my boyfriend."

"Y/n said I was their boyfriend."

You and Chongyun look at each other and after a few moments, you both get into a fit of laughter. Oh how you both loved to laugh with each other, and to be in each others presence. With Xingqiu too, of course. But with Chongyun, it felt lovely. It felt like a cool off.

Xingqiu saw you two rolling around, careful to not drop your treat. He laughed along too, closing his book.

"You both are," He paused, licking his ice cream. "Something else."

You wiped a tear, which probably would have evaporated if it fell from your face. "We are, we truly are."

After about 20 minutes of hanging out and enjoying your treats, Xingqiu looked at the time on his watch.

"Ah, I got to go back home. My family wants me home to help them set up the pool with my neighbors for their kids." He sighed, standing up and dusting himself off.

"Awh, okay. Be safe!" Chongyun fists bump him.

"See you soon!" You smile.

"See ya." He lightly jogged away.

"Is it just me or did the sky grow a bit darker?" Chongyun asked you once Xingqiu left.

You hum, looking up. "Yeah, and it feels a bit cooler. I wonder if there's a rainfall warning."

"Come to my house? We can cool off, I got air-conditioning and no ones home." Chongyun glances at you.

"Sure, let me text mom first." You nod, taking out your phone.

"A yes?" He asks after a minute.

"A yes." You smile widely.