1

a/n: ok so as inspired by @iusedtobetaller's book "dear dan" this book will be in the form of (not letters) but phone calls so im trying to make this a short hipster book in a way sortof like a play so yay!
~~

1 

Dial Tone. Dial Tone. Dial Tone. Dial Tone. Dial Tone. Dial Tone.

Dan Howell looks at the unrecognized number. He hopes it's not a fan or something. He was busy. Very busy with Radio 1, plus YouTube. He, right now, didn't have time for fans or weird phone calls. It was bad enough. He sighs deeply and picks it up anyways.

Christine is teary-eyed as she pulls the phone close to her face. Maybe it was the wind, as per usé in London, or maybe it was the fact that Richard, the man from the night before, didn 't bother to call or even so greet Christine or anything, in fact. She licked her upper lip and sighed.

Dial Tone. Dial Tone. Dial Tone. Click. 

Christine smiled and breathed in. 

Christine: Hi! Richard? 

She let out a shaky breath. 

Christine: It's Christine from last night. Yeah, we had a date? I guess I remembered to call before work and stuff, y'know.

Dan listened. She had the wrong number, but it seemed like she liked this Richard guy, so he almost felt sorry for poor Christine. 

Christine listened for a response, but when she didn't hear one, she continued. 

Christine: Alright, I know that I said I was quite busy with work but in truth, I just think...

She sucked on her teeth, a nervous tick with her. How was she gonna start saying that he was a bit boring? 

Christine: You had no opinion. There, I said it. I'm sorry but it's true, man. Sure, you were wonderfully great to talk to, but I need less compliments and more opinions. Like, who looks at consumerism and just-

She made a weird shrugging gesture, not visible to Dan (who she thought was Richard) and mumbled a confused-like sound. She sighed, fixing her hair. 

Christine: I don't know. I feel like I'm talking to myself. Are you gonna answer me?

Dan smirked and pulled the phone to his mouth. 

Dan: Christine, you're an interesting lady and I'm almost sorry to say you've got the wrong number. 

Christine stomped her foot and grunted. She placed a hand on her forehead. Damn it, Richard, what a clutch jerk. She felt dumb and used. 

Christine: Oh- Oh God. Oh God. I'm sorry, man, you must think I'm so dumb. Eh, I'm glad, you know? Richard was like, old.

Dan chuckled. 

Dan: Did he have white hair and a beard and was he Santa Clause?

Christine giggled. She was glad she had this guy on the phone. 

Christine: No, no, sorry, Mystery Phone Man.

Dan: It's Dan, don't you worry. Christine? Any relation to Phantom of the Opera?

Christine: Dan, you're great, but no, no. Um, well, I have to get to work Dan, but I'm gonna save you as my contact for sure.

Dan smirked. As she hung up, he smiled widely. Me too, he thought.