AU snippets

DefinitelyDoubting helped me with a lot of this and this chapter is kind of a collab between us. Check out her oneshot book if you want to see this chapter in her writing style and just send her support honestly she's my fish bab.

Prepare to be confused. 

Here we go.

Liminal Spaces AU

---

"Belarus?!" Canada gasped. "You're alive?"

She looked so real. Not like the shadows that passed to and fro in the area, yet there was this odd feel about he that screamed she didn't belong in their world either.

And she looked very different from when they last saw her, for sure. Her messy bun was let down in a silky blanket over her head, her jaw a little sharper, and noticeably skinnier, emphasizing her curves.

Perhaps the strangest of all was her choice of clothing. The flimsy cardigan she always wore was nowhere to be seen- Instead, she bore the look of a casual window shopper crossed with an 18th century priestess, a mute blue shirt tucked into her purple-gray leggings, with a brisk white cape draping right above it. Her stance was confident, chin angled upwards, her face expression impossible to see through the masquerade facepiece she wore on one eye and an ugly blemish Canada had somehow never noticed before on the other, like half of her face had been burnt, melted away by something.

She was silent for a good while, staring them down, before her lips parted an inch, and she responded, "Not the one you're looking for."

Canada blinked, and everyone seemed to freeze as they attempted to dissect what she meant.

"You mean- you mean that Belarus is dead?" Russia shouted.

"Are you kidding?" South asked. "But she's right here!"

He took a hasty step forward, hands out to grab her, like even if he believed as much he needed to make sure she wasn't just a hallucination.

Belarus lifted a finger.

And South froze in his step.

"W-what-" He stammered, "Hh-h-how-"

"Don't come near me." She ordered, and Canada realized with a double take that the insides of her mouth were orange, and her tongue neon green.

No. This wasn't their Belarus.

"There's too much leftover radiation on me." She sneered. "Your frail bodies wouldn't be able to handle it."

40s Casino AU

---
(DefinitelyDoubting helped me with some parts of this!)
Also, no ships in this au. feel free to interpret it as such but the three mentioned have a sibling-like relationship in this au

From nothing at all came everything: The air barreled down on Russia all at once, and she curled up her hands, her nails desperately scraping at the floor for anything to hold onto. 

She felt like she was spiraling.  Up or down, though, she could hardly tell.

Where... How...

One moment she thought she was underwater, deep in a trench somewhere, and another, flying, high up in the sky, higher than where the birds could go.

She felt like she could do anything, go anywhere, but in the moment, all she did was clutch herself, panting, holding on for dear life.

She thought she heard a faint ringing, and then a bone chilling scrape, and all the madness came to a halt.