Chapter V: Kissing comes First?!

Start from the beginning

"If I would be hiding here it would be anything but shameful. You know how crazy those fans get."

Giving him a tight lip smile, I turned wordlessly. Only his narcissism has the power to render me speechless. I don't say anything cause I can't bear it. His narcissistic self. It's a waste of time to argue with that conceited bastard anyways.

I walked out totally forgetting that Kanan Ojha was still looking for me. I saw him coming towards this direction.

I somewhat shrieked in horror and turned to collide with a muscular chest. Grabbing Gashmir's leather jacket to steady myself felt like a crime that I shouldn't have committed. Instead of steadying, I made him fall too if it wasn't for him to grab me by my waist and steady me.

In our compromising position which wasn't really compromising. His hands on my waist and mine on his jacket. Still the silence in the library wasn't helping. The only sound audible to my ears was my heartbeats. The mesmerizing smell of the books was taken over by Gashmir's masculine cologne which was making my mind whizzy. I didn't dare to lift my eyes to look at him. Cause I know it would coerce things more awkward between us.

The scene could be considered as a romantic one if we were a normal couple. Perhaps we would have taken advantage of the situation?!

However, I pushed Gashmir away, composed myself.

Feeling somewhat irritated, I asked the most stupid question, "why are you following me?!" Although I know, he wasn't.

Like a conceited bastard he was, he answered, "In your dreams."

I felt grateful that he left after that. However, the gratitude didn't last long as that jerk went straight to Kanan. Just when I thought Gashmir would behave decently, he proved me wrong. Why wasn't he being his usual ignorant self when I needed him to?!

Keeping his eyes on me he said something to Kanan. Then winked at me before leaving the library.

☆☆☆

"What?!" I asked, as Aj continues to stare while I was sipping on coffee. Best friend or not I feel self conscious doing something while people stare.

She was staring wordlessly since we entered Chao Mao. If you have any questions, ask and finish the matter. Don't dwell on it.

"Perhaps, do you want to explain what happened at the library?!" Aj narrowed her eyes on me.

I sighed, if only I could. I kept that thought to myself.

After Gashmir left the library telling Kanan God knows what, I strode towards Kanan. I was done with hiding in the shadows. I decided to have a word to word conversation with Kanan Ojha like an adult.

He didn't seem surprised but definitely amused. Before he opened his mouth, I took his hand dragging him out with me.

Engrossed in, I forget that the person I was dragging with was popular. He was a bad-ass hockey player. He might have joined the team late but he wasn't late achieving his goal. He has qualified for Nationals afterall. Also, I heard that he might get selected for this year's team by FIH.

Getting outside, I turned to face him. He has a full grin plastered over his face. Why was he grinning like a clown?! I wondered.

Looking at my distasteful expressions he clarified, "didn't take you as a bold person, sweetheart." Holding our joined hands in front of my eyes.

I tried to free my hand but that creepy Ojha tightened his hold. "Uh__huh. I like it this way."

"Leave my hand, Ojha." I gritted through my teeth. No junior can call a senior by his name, that was a rule. And I just used his last name. Kudos to Keya Reddy. Bold indeed.

"I'm not readyy, Reddy." He laughed. He didn't just___ cool, Keya cool. He was trying to get you. Don't fall for it. I told myself.

I'll finish, for what I took the risk. I'll finish this for once and all.

"I know that you know that I was there in the plane that night." I told him in a breath. It wasn't as hard as I thought. I should have done this earlier.

He tried to look confused at first, then he fake that surprised look, "Really?!"

That guy. Ughh!!

I gave him a bored look that said enough. Which wasn't enough for him. Cause he kept going.

"Hmm___ so I wondered why you looked familiar, sweetheart." He said yet.

Dude, can't he take the hint. Seriously, what's wrong with today's boys. And sweetheart?! Call me that once again and I'll show him how sweet of a heart I have.

"Don't call me that."

"What?! Sweetheart?!"

"Yeah, that."

"Why so sweetheart?!"

"Ojha."

"Reddy."

"Ok, I'm done."

"But I'm not."

"What do you want?!" I asked, getting more annoyed.

"Wow!! You're doing this quite often. Getting lost in your thoughts." Aj said, besides me, moving her palm in front of me. That brought me back to the present. Blinking a few times I adjusted to my surroundings.

I remembered the reason I got lost in thoughts.

"Ughh___ I was showing him around." I answered Adhira, who seemed confused. Didn't she remember her own question?! And they say I don't pay attention.

Aj rolls her eyes before saying, "yeah. I figured that out."

I know she was being sarcastic here. And like a wise person I ignored. Ever heard 'don't speak much unless you want to get caught'.

However, Adhira wasn't the one to let it go. Speak or don't. She will dig deeper and deeper unless she feels satisfied. She continues, "you, showing Kanan Ojha his way out. You and Ojha guy both, wandering around hand in hand. You staring___ my mistake taking glances at him. It's picture perfect normal. Right?! What's next?! You hooking up with him, huh?!"

I pouted, "kissing comes first, bruh."

Adhira's jaw hung open, eyes wide after she heard what I said. That it was so hard for me to hold back my laughter. But I hold it anyway.

I fidget innocently, looking confused, I ask again, "Isn't it?!"

Getting up from her seat, she came to me, holding my face in her hands, looking horrified, "it was that roommate of yours, wasn't she?! I told you so many times to switch your room. But no, you never listened. Look now, what has happened to my innocent K. You have fallen into bad company___" she kept talking worried that I couldn't hold back anymore.

I burst out laughing, "chill dude, I wasn't serious."

She removed her hands and slapped my arm, muttering "Idiot."

"Seriously, Keya was Kanan Ojha giving you a hard time?!" Aj asks after some time looking so worried.

"It was nothing, J." I assured her.

Though, Kanan Ojha's words weren't nothing. His were the only words that kept repeating in my mind since we had that conversation.

"You're not what I thought of you. You're much more than that." He again held our still joined hands in front of my eyes. Tugging me closer he said, "And I'm looking forward to more of it."