Meet and Greets

"Are you surfing today?" I questioned Nick as we walk side by side, He was clutching his board under his arms. 

"I am. Though they told me to wait till everyone else had come in to swim out." He explained. I turned my head, having to squint because of the sun. 

"That makes sense." I smile at him, he returns the gesture. 

When we reach Demetri Sam and Robby I take my board back from Demetri and dig it into the sand so it stands by itself. I notice both Robby and Sam looking Nick up and down whereas Demetri looked like he couldn't be bothered. I smiled.  Both their faces filled with confusion. 

"That was awesome!" Demetri lightly punched my arm in congratulations.

"Thanks." I bring my one hand up to scratch the back of my neck.

"I don't know. You didn't rotate all the way on that 540 Ally Oop." Nick said looking at me with a smirk on his face.

"Oh, you wish you had my rotations." I say bumping him with my arm. 

"Who's this?" Robby asked abruptly, his hands on his hips.

"Oh silly me." I lightly hit myself on the side of my head causing nick to chuckle. "Guys, this is Nick. He just moved here from New Jersey. Nick, this is Sam, Demetri and." I paused for some unknown reason. "Robby." I finished, looking down at my feet which were playing in the sand, nervous habit. 

"Your from Jersey?" Sam asked with an eyebrow raised as high as the sky. 

"Yeah." Nick responded, sending me a quick smile.

"Are you a surfer?" Demetri asked, looking from Nick to me with eyes filled with curiosity.

"Um, yeah, speaking of, I should probably go check in with the head desk. I'll see you soon?" He asked, looking directly looking at me.

"Yeah, of course." I told him, a sideways smile still on my face. 

"Great." He said before kissing me on top of my head and running off. I turned as he left, watching him run away. 

"So, are you guys together?" Demetri asked from behind me.

"No, we're not." I answered, turning around and grabbing my board. 

"Okay well I'm hungry." Sam announced. "Lydia can you come?" Sam pleaded.

"Why can't you take Robby?" I said kind of harshly. Again, Sam didn't notice but the other two did.

"Just because." She grabbed my hand and started to drag me away. 

"Take this." I handed my board back to Demetri. 

Sam dragged me off to a  food vendor, we stood in awkward silence. "Now, the better question to Demetri's question is, were you two together back in Jersey." She looked at me, concern etched on her face.

"I mean sure, we dated for a year or so." I answered honestly, looking at the menu on the side of the stand. brushing off her question like it meant nothing.

"Well." She said as we moved with the line. "What happened?" She questioned.

"Nothing bad, we just chose that it would be better if we were just friends." I explained. "We both knew I was going to move and we wanted to end on good terms." It was our turn to order food. I got myself a soft pretzel and Sam got a bag of mini donuts. About halfway back to Robby and Demetri she asked, "Do you think anything's going to change now that he's here?" She looked at me.

"I'm not sure." I answered, my eyes meeting with a pair of sad green eyes. 

Thank you guys so, so much for your kind comments and votes

Thank you guys so, so much for your kind comments and votes. It just makes me so proud of myself, seeing that others actually enjoy my stories. At first, this was just something I would just daydream about in the middle of class. Until my friend told me to write about it. So I did just that, and I never imagined that it would get so much love. So, thank you guys! Comment and Vote!

Thanks

-Daisy