Chapter Thirty-Six

Start from the beginning

Even though his monotone, it was comfortable. I could feel his curiosity unlike how it was in the past. The Alan now and the Alan I had met first felt like two different people. I was glad that he had changed himself for the better.

When Alan told me that my kiss had pushed him to change, I was at a loss for words. A part of my mind thought how much impact it was on the previous Alan and another part thought about how was he even before the kiss.

I realised that I had completely diverted my mind from the movie to Alan, who was no less interesting than watching a movie. I looked at him to find him dozed off. I couldn't believe how serene he looked while sleeping. 

For a guy who said to have a hard time sleeping, he sure slept a lot. I shook my head and went to his room to get him a blanket. It was impossible that I was waking him up from the little sleep he had. 

I brought the blanket and was contemplating how to put it on him when my phone rang. I immediately rushed, so Alan wouldn't wake up,  to my previous place and sat while I answered the call because it was Eva.

"Hey Era!" I heard her scream in excitement. I smiled hearing her voice after two months. My happiness knew no limits today. It was one of the best days. 

"Hi, Eva. How are you?" I asked her. 

"I'm great and I'm back. Just tell me when you'll get free and I'll come and pick you up and we can have dinner and spend some time together! There is so much I have to tell you and..." I cut her statement off because she was too excited.

"You wanna pick me up? Okay. Get to the airport and take a flight to London and I'll come to pick you up." I teased and I heard her gasp.

"In London? What are you doing over there?" She asked shocked by my statement.

"Well...it's a long story. I'll let you know when I come back because...even I have so much that I have to tell you!" I squealed and suddenly I was mute. 

Alan somehow happened to slip down and placed his head on my bare thighs. My breath had stuck in my throat. His silky soft hair was making it too difficult for me, to not get aroused. 

"...ERA?!" I heard a scream and I looked at the phone that had been resting away from my ears. 

"Oh, Eva. I'm...uh...sorry. It's actually 1.00 a.m. I...have to sleep." I muttered glad that I could actually form a statement.

"Oh, damn. I completely forgot about the time difference. You go and sleep and let me know when you're back home." She said and I hummed. 

"I missed you, Eva," I told her. I hadn't even left a single message in the process of letting her have her entire concentration on Celine. 

"I missed you, too, Era. Just come back, soon." She said and I hummed happily.

"I will. Bye." I said and she hung up after saying her ending greetings. I looked at the phone smiling happily. I kept the phone on the table and looked down to my lap. 

I caressed Alan's hair and he moved his head making me tickle. I decided not to do something that will harm my sanity. The blanket had fallen in the process of me running to the phone. 

I somehow managed to pick it up and now I knew how to cover Alan. Amazing. I taunted myself and put the blanket on him. My legs were covered a bit and I was glad. I let my hand rest on the left armrest and put my head over it. 

I kept looking at Alan before sleep finally caught my eyes and I was in deep sleep. 

-----