Too Late. | Tsumugi Tsukioka

→ in which tsumugi wanted to apologize to [name] for leaving her but the latter tells him of a problem; he was twenty-five minutes too late

» warning:
→ angst lmao

» author's notes:
→ so i kinda lost all of my a3 chapter banners so now i gotta make a new one for each chapter lmao pain

» playlist:
→ 25 minutes // michael learns to rock

—•—•—

“  it ' s  cute  when  you  do  it ,
but  cupid  is  stupid ;
he  shot  the  wrong  lovers  ”

—•—•—

Tsumugi Tsukioka has finally made up his mind.

The aforementioned man has just made ammends with his childhood friend, Tasuku Takato. Now, it was time to search for her.

[Name] [Last Name]

It was a name Tsumugi tried so hard to forget when he moved away without telling anyone. It was the name that kept haunting him in his dreams and even in broad daylight.

But distance makes the heart grow fonder, doesn't it?

Tsumugi has made up his mind. He was going to apologize to her and win her over. Being away from [Name] made him realize just how much he loves her. It wasn't "loved" or a thing of the past. His heart still aches thinking of her. Everyday his mind keeps wandering back to the time where they were more than friends. He still loves her, with every damn fiber of his being.

Once he finds her, he's going to apologize and tell her those three little words he never had the courage to express.

It wasn't the nicest thing he could've done yet that was his only option for now and it's enough for him. No matter how hard he tried to deny it, he still has feelings for [Name].

She's the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

Tsumugi was a wreck. He was anxious, he was sweating all over from running around, he was not one bit presentable at the moment but he couldn't care less.

He needed to find [Name] like his life depended on it.

Tsumugi searched for her everywhere, yet he found her at the only place in Veludo Way where he didn't search.

She stood in front of the church, her veil falling in front of her face yet you can see her smile shining from beyond the white curtain that framed her features.

Yet her smile was replaced with an indifferent expression as their eyes locked into one another's.

Tsumugi could've sworn his heart was being torn into two separate pieces, like it was being crushed under a hammer and pounded into thin strips.

Tsumugi felt dizzy, nauseous, and out of it. He felt like he didn't exist in the moment, as if he was seeing someone else's life in front of him.

"Tsumugi..." Tsumugi didn't notice the people in front of the church were already gone, he didn't notice how there were only the two of them.

There was something about the way she whispered his name that felt so heartbreaking to hear. Like there was a foreboding dark cloud that hung over above their heads, waiting for the moment to strike and release a downpour that would drown him any minute now.

"[Name]..." Tsumugi whispered back as his hands wrapped around her arms. He couldn't believe he found her. It felt like everything wasn't real. It felt like she could disappear any minute now. Every line he prepared, practiced and memorized for this moment was gone in a blink. He was speechless.

Tsumugi wanted to laugh at how hipocratic he was being. He was scared that she'd disappear from his grasp yet he was the one who left her after all this time.

"You're back..." The way [Name] whispered this to him sounded so fragile. Like a glass about to break or a dandelion about to be blown before getting tangled in the wind.

"I'm sorry!" Tsumugi exclaimed as his grasp on her arms turned into an embrace, as his tears hit his cheek continuously falling til [Name] could feel them soaking her shoulder.

The way Tsumugi embraced her tightly made [Name] think that it was a way of him making up for lost time. A hug so tight it felt like an embrace for each day that he wasn't there for her.

"Tsumugi–!" [Name] started yet she could feel her years starting to fall too. Like someone popped a balloon, her eyes started to become blurry too.

"I'm sorry [Name], I lo–" Tsumugi expressed through his tears yet [Name] was quick to cut him off.

"Tsumugi, please don't do this." [Name] said with a forced small smile as she pulled back from the embrace Tsumugi has locked her in.

"Please don't do this to me." [Name] added, barely above a whisper yet it was loud enough for only the two of them to hear.

"...Why?" Tsumugi felt crestfallen as he realized she was wearing a wedding dress but it was not for a movie nor a telenovela. It was not an act at all, it was for her own wedding.

"I missed you. Your embrace feels the same too." [Name] commented with a forced chuckle as tears still fell from her eyes.

"...Why would you say that to me after–?" Tsumugi felt mad as he choked back a sob. This was extremely unfair to him. Why would she hurt him even more? But then again, it was him who did it first. He should've been happy for her, for moving on, for finding someone better.

She looked so happy but why was she crying while she told him this?

"You've travelled so far... I've missed you all this time..." [Name] added as she wiped her years away. Her mascara was smudged yet she still looked so beautiful in Tsumugi's eyes.

"Stop. Please stop." Tsumugi pleaded as he felt her hands reach for his. He gripped her hand like he was a desperate man gasping for air, like she was the only thing he needed in his life.

"Tsumugi... I'm sorry but you're twenty-five minutes too late."