oblivious - k.b.

katsuki bakugou x reader (mind reading quirk)

summary: bakugou isn't very smart at hiding things, then again y/n isn't good at receiving hints.

song: take my hand - 5 seconds of summer

y/n's pov

I tapped my pencil against my desk quietly as I stared at the problem in front of me.

I've always hated math. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. Knowing me I probably won't figure this out so why try, I'll just ask Momo or Midoriya to explain it to me later.

I looked around the room as silent whispers filled my head.

"Should I ask her out?"

"Out of all people, why does Snipe have to teach us math?"

"I want to go to bed."

I heard my fellow classmate's thoughts. Alright, I know this is sort of an invasion of privacy, but I was bored and frankly didn't care. I finally turned to the angry blonde.

"Do your fucking work!" I flinched, making a high-pitched sound. The whole class turned to look at me.

"Y/n are you okay?" Snipe asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine sorry" I replied, he nodded and the rest of the class went back to work. I look at Bakugou to find him smirking.

Asshole.

How does someone even yell in their mind? I guess there's a first for everything. Despite his weirdly loud thoughts, I continued to listen in.

"You know..for being a mind reader yourself, you're extremely fucking easy to read."

How does he know when i- "If you want to be a fucking hero you have to stop making it so obvious when you're reading someone's mind." I rolled my eyes.

I turned my quirk off going back to doing my work. The bell rang signaling it was time for lunch.

I got up running over to Midoriya and his group, but before I could get to them Bakugou stopped me. "Hey, idiot." I turned around to face him. "Can I help you?" I asked the boy.

"Pinky wanted me to ask you to come eat lunch with us?" I thought for a second about the offer before nodding in agreement.

I quickly said goodbye to my friends and followed Bakugou over to where his friends were sitting. "Hey Y/n!" Denki grinned.

"Hey guys," I said setting my lunch tray down and taking a seat next to Bakugou. "Did any of you do the work in Snipe's class?" Sero asked.

Everyone shook their heads no, except for one person. Bakugou.

"Come on Bakubro help your friends out.." Kirishima whined. "Tsk. You're not my friends." he laughed. "Bakugou please I'm struggling" I begged the boy, taking out my sheet of work.

He huffed grabbing my pencil as he began explaining the problems to us. Lunch ended pretty quickly and everyone got back up to head to class.

Next up was training so we all headed to the locker rooms to get changed.

"You really need to come eat lunch with us more, Bakugou seems to be more lenient it comes to you," Mina said excitedly. "Stop lying. Thanks for inviting me to eat with you guys today though." I thanked the girl.

She turned to me, raising an eyebrow. "Huh?" she asked confused.

"Thanks for inviting me to eat with you guys. Bakugou called me over after class telling me that you wanted me to go sit with you guys." I explained.

She laughed as she zipped up her uniform. "What?" "Y/n I love you so so much. However, I didn't invite you, that was all Bakugou." She grinned.

"You're joking." I looked at her dumbfounded. "Glad I'm not." She winked before leaving me in the room with my thoughts.

I finally pieced myself back together and walked out to meet with the rest of the students.

"You took your time." Denki jokes.

"Whatever sparky." I smiled mockingly, flicking him on the forehead. "Hey!" I ignored him walking over to Bakugou. Play it cool.

"What could you possibly want?" he asked annoyed. "You know Bakugou you could have just told me if you wanted me to eat lunch with you," I told the boy.

His eyes widened for a quick second before going back to their normal state. "Who says I wanted to eat lunch with you mindfuck?" He argued.

"Ouch. You wound me. And don't lie Mina told me just how much in love you are with me." I teased him jokingly.

"Oh shut up." he groaned.

"She just said that she didn't invite me and you did that all by yourself," I smirked.

"So what if I did?" I did not expect him to admit it that quickly. "For a mind reader y/n you're very oblivious, do you know that?" now it was his turn to smirk.

"What do you mean?" I stuttered. "I'll pick you up at you dorm at eight."

"Huh?"

"You fucking heard me." he finished before walking away, leaving me with a bright blush on my cheeks.

"So what happened?" Mina asked giggling as she ran to my side. "Shut up." I huffed covering my face in my hands embarrassed.

"Aw no fun," she complained.

Thanks for reading the first one shot of my book! I hope you enjoyed it! This one was fairly short, the next ones will be longer I promise! Much longer. Love you guys!

Like always leave a comment and vote!🤍