Prologue

(Talking)

(Thinking)

???: Darkness.... that is all I see. How did I end up in this empty void? The last thing I remember was being in class and then there was a bright light. That is all that I can remember. Am I dead? Did that bright light kill me?

??? tried to move around and found that he had arms and legs, but everything was cramped.

???: So, I do have arms and legs, but they feel off almost wrong. Then there is this strange thing around me that is keeping me from moving much. Now that I concentrate more, I feel a little slimy and wet. Why is that?

??? tried to move more, but found that he couldn't break whatever he was trapped in.

???: Arrrrrgghhh! Why can't I get out of whatever this thing is!?

??? tried to struggle more in order to break whatever he was in, but sadly as the first time he tried he had no success in breaking it.

???: What am I even in any way?

Strange voice: Answer. You are currently in an egg.

???: Oh, thank you.

After a couple seconds.

???: Wahhhhhhhh! Where did that voice come from!

Strange voice: It came from me user.

??? tried to look around only to realize he could only see darkness.

???: Right, I can only see darkness. Where did that voice come from any way?

Strange voice: I came from inside your mind user.

This surprised ??? from the response he received and that this voice is coming from inside his head and the voice sounded female. At this moment he came upon a realization.

???: That's it I must be going crazy.

Strange voice: Users psychological scan shows that you are in perfect mental health.

??? has no idea how to respond to this strange voice. ??? thinks back a little to when he first heard the voice and it said that he was inside an egg?

???: Wait did you say that I was inside an egg?

Strange voice: Correct.

???: Do you know how I ended up in it?

Strange voice: Cannot answer.

This ticked ??? off a little.

???: Why can't you answer!?

Strange Voice: Cannot answer question.

???: Arrrghhhh! Ok, ok, ok, calm down Ryu. You know that you are now inside an egg. That can only mean that you are either in a coma right now and all this is a dream, or you died and reincarnated like those anime shows and manga books. And thanks to reading so many of these types of fanfic stories means since I'm inside this egg that I'm probably no longer a human being. Ok so me being inside an egg explains why I feel all wet and slimy, so now there are only three questions. First, I have to figure out how I ended up in this situation. Actually, thinking about it, it probably had something to do with that bright light. So, it either killed me or put me in a coma and this is all just a dream. I am hoping it's the latter. Second, I have to figure out what type of creature I am. Did I reincarnate as a typical animal or was I reincarnated in a fantasy world and reborn as one of its monsters. And thirdly I have to figure exactly what this voice in my head is.