Chapter 5 - Have You No Idea That You're In Deep?

I reach Rousseau's without anyone seeing me and I think that's odd. Klaus and Marcel must be doing something with the vampires, it's unusual to not have any nightwalkers around here. I walk inside and notice a pretty blonde behind the counter and no sign of Sophie.

" 'Scuse me, is Sophie Deveraux here?" I ask the woman with a smile. She smiles back but shakes her head.

"No, I think Sophie went out. She's been upset at something for a while now..." The corner of her mouth turns downwards but she covers it up. "Want me to take a message?"

"Oh no, I really need to see her. Do you have any idea where she might be?" I ask with an innocent face.

"Not really... She might be in her apartment, but I'm not sure" I narrow my eyes at her to see any signs of lies in her but see nothing. I nod.

"If you see her, please tell her Clair needs to talk to her ASAP about Davina" I smile and she nods.

"I will. Want anything to drink while you're here?" I look at her nametag and see CAMI written.

"Sure Cami, a glass of scotch would be nice" She walks off to get my drink and someone sits on the stool next to mine. I glance up and see Marcel.

"Hey witchy. Fancy seeing you here" He grins but there's discomfort in his eyes. Probably because Klaus just stole all his empire.

"Don't see why, it is my family's bar" I smile at Cami when she brings my drink and down it, not missing the cute look she gives to Marcel. Poor girl, falling in love for a vampire.

"You know, you witches have been nothing but trouble lately" He tells me, playing with his own glass.

"I just got back to the Quarter, Marcel. I don't know shit of what's going on. Which is also why I'm looking for Sophie, I need some answers on some shit I heard the coven did" When I think about Davina suffering, my anger gets the best of me and the glass in my hands explodes with magic. "Fuck!" I get away from it, happy that it didn't hurt my hand.

"I heard you were close with Davina Claire before you left" He barely notices the broken glass but looks at me with a dangerous look.

"She's my little sister. You better not be involved in this killing her for sacrifice shit Marcel, or your death will be gruesome" I glare at him, meaning every word. He seems to think of something and puts his glass down.

"Clair, I need your help" That sparks my interest. If he needs me, then he owes me one. Like for example, not killing me because of my clan.

"I'm listening" I turn to face him and he circles the rim of his glass in deep thought.

"I took Davina in when your coven was trying to use her for the Harvest. After that, I see her as family, like a daughter. I don't want any harm coming to her but Klaus sees her as a weapon and the witches are desperately trying to kill her to end the Harvest" He looks at me pleadingly. "Help me protect Davina from them, Clair"

"How could I? Isn't she in the most guarded place in New Orleans?" He shakes his head.

"I could get you inside. I just need someone Davina trusts in there. Now that Klaus is in power, Davina could get distrustful and run" Suddenly, the vision of brown curls running around the Quarter hits me but I mask it and act like nothing happened.

"Give me some time to think. I'll answer you tomorrow" I get up but he holds my wrist.

"Why? Don't you care about Davina?" I glare at him.

"I do, but I'm not exactly jumping at the opportunity of living in the one place in New Orleans where vampires infest and Klaus bosses" I pull my hand out of his grip. "I'll tell you tomorrow, Marcel. I need to think" I leave Rousseau's and bite my lip. I went straight to Sophie's.

"Sophie! Open up!" I yell and slam at her door. After a couple of minutes, she opens the door with a bottle of vodka in her hand and a drunk look. Her eyes widen when she sees me.

"Clair! What are you doing here! You could get killed!" She drags me inside and closes the door.

"I just met Marcel, he doesn't know" I run my hands through my hair and look at the mess her apartment turned into. "I heard you all tried the Harvest" I turn to her with a dark look. She doesn't look guilty, she just sighs and throws herself on the nearest chair.

"I didn't. Jane-Anne did" She swigs the bottle and some of it slips on her chin but she doesn't clean it. "I tried stopping it, but it was too late. They had killed Monique" Tears prickle her eyes but I keep mine dry. They had just tried to kill the sweetest girl I've met, I was not feeling sorry for them. "But it was working already. Marcel interrupted and took Davina, Jane-Anne convinced me to join her on finishing the ritual"

"By spilling innocent blood?" I shriek. She shakes her head.

"She'll come back. Monique will come back. The other girls will come back. Jane-Anne gave her life for it, I know it will work"

"Oh you inspire a lot of confidence lying flat on you bum drinking you sorrows!" I start pacing around the room in nervousness. Davina was in danger. If the Harvest really had worked, she was going to suffer if she stayed alive too long. Her magic would start to get out of control."How long has it been?"

"Eight months. Marcel hid her, she could sense our magic. We get killed if we so much as do a tracking spell" The tears escape her eyes and she takes another sip from the bottle.

"That's what happened to Jane-Anne?" I ask. Even though I was pissed at them, I still loved them both as sisters. They were the only real family I ever had.

"She linked me and Hayley Marshall. She's pregnant with Klaus Mikaelson's child, we thought we could use it to get him to help us"

"You did WHAT?!?" I screamed so loud she jumped. "Are you fucking insane, Sophie?!? She's my only shot at being accepted in my stupid clan and you go around threatening her life! Are you trying to get me killed?!?" I rant, my anger blowing off the lid after so many years of keeping it bottled up.

"What? Why does your clan care for her? She's just a regular wolf" I don't answer that and sigh.

"Sophie, you hurt either Hayley or Davina, you'll be asking for all the shit that will come down on you" I leave with that. Tonight was going to be a busy night, I had a feeling Davina had already fled the compound. I just had no idea where could she seek refuge.