Chapter 1 - Are We All Lost Stars?

Andrea - or Hayley as she's going by - was here, in the Bayou. I cursed to myself, the news of her being alive and pregnant traveled fast and it bothered me. But it wouldn't matter because none of my pack could approach her in human form. It was my chance.

I carefully stalked her and the hybrid boy until they reached a cabin by the river where another werewolf from the Bayou pack, Daniel or something of the likes. Pursing my lips, I strained my ears to listen to their conversation. Unfortunately, I don't have vampire hearing so I could only grasp some words. I inched closer, hiding behind a large tree and peeked through the window. The stupid hybrid was turning the werewolf with the baby's blood.

"Shit!" I whispered to myself. The hybrid's head quickly turned towards the window, looking for the sound I just made. I jumped under the grass so he wouldn't see me. When I heard the screams of agony of a hybrid in transition I peeked again. The newly bred hybrid was sucking on Andrea's neck. "Bloody hell! He's going to fucking kill her!" I went to move but the boy had already gotten off of her neck. I mentally sighed in relief that none of them heard me through Andrea's screams.

The hybrid boy says something and moves to hurt Andrea but she yells and the newbie jumps to save her. I narrow my eyes at that. I heard that hybrids made by Klaus Mikaelson were sired to him and that the sire bond was so strong they lost their free will to him. But it looked like the newbie was sired to a freaking unborn baby!

As the two hybrids fought, Andrea fled the cabin and ran into the woods. I groaned in frustration, she was so going to get lost. But worse than that, I smelt vampires. And by the lack of other werewolves in the woods, it could only mean one thing.

The Originals came looking for her.

Tyler ran after her, but in a totally different direction. Did hybrids lose their sense of smell once they turned? Or was he so stupid he didn't even know how to use his nose?

I didn't want to run into trouble (aka: pissed off Originals) so I ran inside the cabin to check for anything incriminating. The heartless body of the guy who was turned had been left behind but most important than that, were the books. Sometimes, on a full moon, members of the pack came by here and left things. The history of our pack was in one of these books and I would not let it be taken by vampires.

I put the book in my jacket and knew I would need a better hiding place if the Mikaelson's came by. I climbed a tree nearby so that I could see the front door of the cabin but wouldn't be seem or smelt with the strong scent of the bog in the air.

Not long after, the Original Hybrid stalked by and entered the cabin, coming later with the dead body by his side. I couldn't see his features clearly, but his scent emanated hybrid smell and he had the arrogance in his walk only someone so strong and old like him could have.

The leaves around me rustled when I tried finding a better position to look at him and blue eyes turned towards my hiding spot. I held my breath in fright just as Andrea and another vampire came into the clearing.

"There you are! I see you found our wandering stray. Perhaps she can shed some light on the situation. This;" A thick british accent said and Klaus kicked the dead hybrid. "Would appear to be the body of a hybrid!"

"His name was Dwayne" Andrea declared.

"Well whoever he was I didn't sire him" He shrugged but his eyes had a dangerous glint. "Any idea how that's possible?"

"As if you don't know" Andrea went to walk in his direction in anger but the other vampire held her back.

"Oooh" Klaus exclaimed with a smirk. "Aren't you two fast friends. Well come on then; what horrible accusation have you conspired to lead her against me?"

"Tyler Lockwood brought Hayley here to test a theory" Said another british accent, coming from the dark haired vampire. Most likely the elder Mikaelson, Elijah, by the fancy clothes. Klaus raised his eyebrows at his brother. "That the blood of her child could be used to sire hybrids. He claims you knew that" By the look of shock on Klaus' face, he was either surprised they had found out or had no idea on that matter. "Furthermore, that you intended to use this knowledge to build an army"

I could not see Elijah's face from where I was, but his voice said enough of his discontent towards his brother.

"And of course, you assume it's true" Klaus spoke, but he seemed resigned. It must be awful to have your family thinking so low of your intentions. "I mean, why else would I show any interest in my own flesh and blood? A heart-broken little baby points his finger at me and my own brother falls in line, eager to believe it." He had a hurt look in his eyes but it would be difficult to notice if I wasn't so used to seeing it in myself whenever I looked in a mirror. "How quickly you assume the worst. Especially when it comes from her"

"Spare me your indignation. When have you ever demonstrated any kind of concern towards Hayley or her child beyond your selfish pursuits? And what was it you once said to me? Every king needs and heir" The dark haired Original quoted mockingly, but there was venom in his words.

"My big brother. So you doubt my intentions, well, I can't say I am surprised. Standing beside the noble Elijah, how can I be anything but the lesser brother? A liar, a manipulator" He swallowed and the hurt look came back. "A bastard"

I held tightly to a branch, nearly cracking it at those words. Was it true? Was he a bastard child? It couldn't be, he was Klaus Mikaelson. But how else would he be able to turn into a hybrid?

"That's all I am to you, isn't it?" He asked, coming closer to Elijah. "And to Rebekah. And by the way Hayley hangs on your every word it's clear she feels the same way. No doubt my child will as well" I was nearly holding my breath at his every word.

"Brother, if we-"

"We have said, all that needs to be said" Klaus interrupted, pointing his finger at his brother's face. "Brother" He smirked and stepped back with his hands in the air, shrugging. "I'll play the role I've been given."

He turns on his heel to walk away but in a flash he's in Elijah's neck, biting him and the elder brother grunts in pain. Elijah falls to the ground and Andrea kneels to help him while Klaus wipes his mouth with his sleeve.

"You two enjoy each other's company" He smirks "You'll have much to bond over once the hallucinations and dementia set in" Elijah stands and they both exchange glares. "Consider that my parting gift to you both" He leaves, rubbing shoulders with Andrea.

I let the breath I'd been holding out and rest my head against the tree trunk. Getting Andrea away of those crazy vampires would not be easy. I know Andrea is searching for information on her family but I can't just give her the book on the pack's history. Instead, I leave the Clan's Bible on the doorstep after she and Elijah go inside. I have a bad feeling for her taking care of a delirious vampire so I go back to my spot behind the trees and watch through the window for any signs of trouble.