chapter 23

Alyssas POV

For the past week and my 19th birthday, me and Alejandro have been on FaceTime all throughout the night. I even virtually met Kairi, he's smaller than I imagined. They're both busy doing god knows what during the day.

Lily and I have also been catching up and she showed me around town. We posted a picture together on her Instagram and Facebook. Our parents were furious and sent us endless messages, they're even coming in right now. Liam sent me a few voice notes with death threats and insults. But there was something deep inside me telling me I should send them to Ale and have Liam taken care of.

All I know is that Liam was beat up and left somewhere near a dumpster.

"What are you doing? You're not even dressed! We're supposed to go out and look for jobs!" Camila jumped on top of me causing me to drop my phone somewhere on my bed.

"Cant...breathe." I went limp and pretended to die. That only made Camila put all her weight on me and squish me.

"Breathe now bitch." She whispered in my ear. It took a lot in me to flip over. Between being weak from laughing and generally just being weak, it was a little hard.

"Let's go, Lily said she has a place we could work in." Camila got up fixing her outfit. She was wearing what seemed to look like a club dress. She looked hot.

"Where are you going?" I sat up.

"The job Lily has for us?" She answered. A confused look grew on my face as she finished her sentence. That's weird uniform if you ask me.

"It's literally 9, what job is gonna interview us right now?" I laughed going into my closet. I went through some of my stuff to see if I had something close to what Cami was wearing.

"She says she works at this club and there's space for two more girls."

"Oh." I pulled out a black shimmery dress and held it out for her to judge.

"Dont wear that, you'll look better than me." She said. I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"I'm wearing it." I said. Camila left my room and went down to hers. I opened my laptop and shuffled my everyday playlist, into you by Fabolous ft Tamia coming on first.

As I sat down to do my hair and makeup, I got my usual FaceTime call from Alejandro. I felt the butterflies in my stomach as I swiped to answer the call.

"Hey baby." He smiled. He was laying in bed with his phone by his face, shirtless might I add. "Are you going somewhere? You're usually in bed or on the couch at this time." Ale laughed.

"Uh, yeah. I'm actually going out with Camila and Lily." I started on my makeup as he watched me.

"Be careful."

"I'll be cautious of my surrounds." I told him. I heard him chuckle. He started telling me about his day not really looking at me. I would occasionally glance at him, though, while doing my makeup. I silently sang along to the song and realized he stopped talking and started singing along with me.

I feel like the longer we date, the more I see of him. He was making weird faces while singing and I couldn't help but laugh to myself at how cute he looked.

"We both sound horrible." I laughed.

"Nah it's just you." He said. The song finished and Selfish by Madison Beer came on. I went to lower the volume and sat back in front of him.

"I don't know what to do with my hair." I huffed sitting back in my chair. It was in its natural curly state.

"I love it when you straighten the front parts and clip it behind your ears with the side part." Ale suggested. I started doing it. It was actually my favorite hairstyle too.