chapter 14

Alyssas POV

I stormed out of the university library and huffed my way to another building. It just makes me so mad that Alejandro, in the little time that we've known each other, would stalk me like that instead of just texting me.

The harsh winds blowing me from side to side didn't make this any better either. I crossed my arms and held them close to my body.

I opened the door to my lecture hall and sat in my usual spot. It hurts to know Liam's dad won't be paying for me anymore. I'm still not sure how I'm going to pay for this myself because I don't have enough for all four years.

My parents cut me off completely. I have enough in my back account for two years but I have other things I have to pay for. Like I need to buy myself a car now.

As the hall filled up, I grew more and more bored. The professor went on about stuff I didn't care about. Today was a short lecture so I know it'll be over soon.

My phone buzzed with a text from Camila.

'mine ended early today. i'll wait for u in the car.'

I sighed sliding down in my chair. I looked around at the few students around me and noticed one I've never seen before. He has long, kinda floppy, hair and full eyebrows. His hands had a couple of rings on their fingers and he happened to look up at me.

"Alyssa, pay attention." The professor said. I jumped up a little and sat back in my chair. The guy chuckled and wrote something down on his blank paper.

A habit that I have when I'm bored is to stuff my hands in my pockets of whatever I'm wearing. I moved my fingers around and touched a piece of paper. The note Alejandro wrote me a couple of days ago was still in my jacket.

I held it in between my fingers wishing he was never in the cartel. We would probably be a couple by now and Caleb wouldn't even be a decision.

The professor was quiet for a long time and I popped my head up to see what was going on. She was at her desk on a phone call that seemed serious.

"Okay, bye." She hung up then turned to face all of us. "You guys can leave now." She said with a bit of attitude.

No one hesitated to grab their things and leave. I always make sure I'm last to leave so I'm not being pushed through the door or surrounded by a lot of people.

I've never liked being in large crowds. It's been that way for years now. Once when I was about 8 years old, I used to have really bad panic attacks and I would never want to leave my room.

My therapist at the moment diagnosed me with agoraphobia and prescribed some weird medication for me. I haven't taken them since a year after they were given to me.  I just learned to cope with it and now I try my best to avoid large crowds.

"Excuse me." A voice said from behind me as I was making my way down from the rows of tables. I turned around and came to face the tan guy from before.

"Yeah?" I continued walking away while he caught up beside me. We exited the hall together and walked out the double doors.

"I just wanted to introduce myself since I've never seen you before." He stuck his hand out and I took mine out of my pocket and shook his hand.