Chapter 3

We walked over to the duel arena, and took our positions. I'd been preparing mentally for this match for months. I knew Kaiba's classic card combinations, and I figured out how to beat all of them. I took a deep breath, and drew my first card.

Seto Kaiba's POV

I looked at the new girl. Liliana, I think her name was. She looked so confident. Well, that would change very soon. I can wipe the floor with her.

TIME SKIP (to later in the duel)

What? This girl, this random nobody is beating my every card combination! It's like she knew I would play these exact cards! Well, I'm not the world champion for nothing...

Her life points dropped to zero, after a long hour of playing. I had to admit, she was good. But I was better.

'I win!'

She relaxed her shoulders a little, panting from the effort of constantly dueling for an hour. She looked up at me. 'Guess I'm not getting that job now!' She laughed.

We both got down from the arena, where Mokuba had come to watch. Liliana turned to face me. 'Kaiba.' She breathed. 'Thank you!' I felt two arms wrap around my waist. I jumped a little out of shock. I felt my face heat up slightly.

Well this is new...

When she hugged me, it felt different to when Mokuba hugged me. It felt warm. It felt like I could relax around this girl. Like I didn't have to keep up this hard outer shell that prevented me from feeling emotions. So I hugged back. 'You're welcome.' I said softly. She smiled up at me, before turning on her heel and walking away, and out of sight. I watched her adjust her hair stick, keeping her hair in a messy bun, as her tall, slender outline faded into the distance.

TIME SKIP

It was about 10:00 pm. I was at home, typing on my laptop. The Battle City tournament was almost ready. But I couldn't focus. Why couldn't I focus?! It irritated me when I wasn't even in control of my own mind. I let out a grunt of frustration. My thoughts kept straying to the girl from the duel. Mokuba was sitting on top of the short filing cabinet, swinging his legs.

'Seto, I think the reason you can't focus is because I think you've found the one!'

'Shut up, Mokuba.' I knew exactly what he was referring to. He thinks I like that girl I dueled earlier. Yeah, right. As if I'd ever like her. Besides, I don't even have time to fall in love. That's plenty of reason not to like her... right?

'Seto, you have really pale skin. The fact that you're blushing shows really easily.' Mokuba said cheekily. I examined my reflection.

Oh damn, he's right. I'm blushing.

I finally finished the plans for Battle City, meaning the whole thing could start tomorrow.

'Finally, I'm done. Goodnight, Mokuba.'

'Goodnight big brother!'

Lily's POV

I had a lot of fun dueling. But I'm not too bummed that I couldn't get the job. Besides, like always, I had a backup plan. I could help Grandpa out at the game shop! Then I won't have to be away from home a lot either.

As I walked home, I kept thinking about Kaiba. I seemed to have a little crush on him.

He's so handsome... and he's an amazing duelist!

I imagined his blue eyes, and almost-white skin, much like the Blue Eyes White Dragon that I destroyed in our duel. What?! Surely I couldn't be falling for him! I just met him! Besides, he probably will never like me. He has too much on his hands.

I reached the Game Shop, and told Grandpa that I was happy to help him out, and he was delighted. I decided to start the next day. I went up to my room, and started doing my homework, when Yugi came in, looking nervous about something.

'What's up little bro? You look nervous.'

'I wanted to ask for your help on something.'

'Sure, what do you need help with?'

'Well... I-' He started blushing.

It hit me.

No way...

'Did you finally ask Tea out on a date?! Well done, Yugi, I'm so proud of you!' I squealed and hugged him very tightly, almost strangling him. His face turned from pink to bright red.

'Where did you get that idea from?'

'But am I right?'

'You're as creepy as Pegasus sometimes.' He sighed in defeat. 'Yeah, I did. How did you know?'

'Let's just call it older sister's instinct. That means you came here to ask me what you should wear on your date, and what girls like so that you won't bore her with your card games!'

'I can't hide anything from you, Ane.'

'Just be yourself. Tea likes you for who you are. So wear what you would normally wear. And ask her what she wants to do. That way she won't be bored hanging around in a card shop all day!'

'Thanks, Lily. Wow, you know a lot about this kinda stuff. Have you been on any dates?'

'Nah, I just watch a lot of romance movies.'

He cringed at the words "romance movies", before thanking me again and leaving.