Chapter 38

"I look so stupid."

Virgil laughed in the back of his throat. "You can't look worse than me, Princey. I look like Death stumbled into the 80's."

"Bet. Come on, look."

Virgil looked up and nearly fell off the edge of the stage. "Holy shit." He thought as he looked down again, blushing.

"See? Even you can't look at me for more than two seconds, I look so stupid."

Virgil cleared his throat and jumped up onto the stage. "You look fine, Princey."

"You aren't even looking at me."

"Because if I do, I'll blush and blow my cover." Virgil thought. "You're the one who says you look stupid, Princey." He said instead. "D'you really want me to look at you?"

"Well, when you're complimenting me, yeah." Roman said, grinning.

Virgil managed to look Roman in the eyes for all of one second before looking down at the floor, bright pink.

"Are you blushing?" Roman asked, laughing.

"No. I'm just... I'm wearing a lot of dark colours and it's hot."

"Yeah, it is."

Virgil looked at Roman, his expression somewhere in the middle of horror-struck and surprised. "Are you flirting with me?!"

Roman laughed. "Sorry, sorry, couldn't help it. Like you said, got too into the roll. Damn, costumes can do a lot for acting."

"You've been acting for 19 years and you never noticed that?"

Roman shrugged and pulled on his denim jacket. "I guess when I was a kid, excitement and actual good acting were never really that far apart so... yeah, I guess I never noticed it."

"Well, you don't look stupid, Princey. You look fairly normal and I look," Virgil gestured at his costume, "like this."

"You look good, don't sweat it."

Virgil rolled his eyes and smiled, scrunching his nose up slightly. "Don't lie to me, Princey. You're not Jan, you can't lie."

"But I am an actor, Sunshine. I can do whatever the Hell I want, include lie."

"Mhm, you kinda proved that when you were 16." Virgil thought. He rolled his eyes and play-glared at Roman. "You're idiotic, Princey."

"Ah, we've upgraded to new vocab, I see."

"Mhm, unlike some people I know, I've actually read books in my life." Virgil said, smirking.

Pink dusted Roman's cheeks but he still raised his eyebrow and acted as if nothing happened. "Just because you've written a book, Sunshine-"

"Here we go."

"Hey!" Virgil laughed.

"What was that 'hey' for?"

"For interrupting me."

Virgil laughed loudly. "You really have not changed a bit, Princey."

"Neither have you."

"I never said it was a bad thing."

"Oh, so you're saying you still like me?"

"Where did you get that from?" Roman laughed.

"I'm joking, Sunshine." He laughed. "Unless-"

"Gross!"

"Gross? What are you, 5?"

"What else did you want me to say?" Virgil ran a hand through his hair, shaking it out. "I really hope I don't have to put hairspray or whatever on. Or make-up."

"We're all gonna have to put make-up on, Virge. It's so people can actually see us and we don't look like ghosts under the spotlights. But," Roman shrugged and did jazz hands, "that's show-biz."

Virgil laughed and shook his head. He rolled his eyes. "Is it too late to quit?"

Roman laughed loudly. "Yes."

"Damn."

Yeah, this chapter's a little rushed. But we're getting to the middle, we're getting to the middle of the story. Just wait. Also, this story has reached 104 pages. Way-hey!
Bye,
Blaize