Chapter 15

"Princey!"

"Yeah Virgil?" Roman asked, his voice going up a lot higher than it had before.

"Mind explaining why you've liked one of my videos from a year ago?"

"Uh....."

"This isn't singing practice, Roman, and I'm looking for an answer."

"I may have gotten a little... carried away."

"You think?" Virgil sighed. "Know what, whatever. We're meant to be getting along better, this is normal 'friend' shit, isn't it?"

"Why're you asking me?"

"You're the one who was more popular in high school. And the one who had the big movie shit." Virgil said, sitting down next to Roman.

"Literally, the only people I hung out with were Janus, my brother and Aaron." Roman said, laughing a little. "What about me having three friends made you think I was popular?"

Virgil shrugged and crossed his arms. "I dunno. Everyone seemed to like you."

"Hm, yeah." Roman sighed. "Well, a lot of things changed after you left. Somehow, word got out that you'd dumped me-"

"Twice."

"It's not a competition, Sunshine." Roman said. "But yeah. And people just started... making fun of me, I guess."

"Huh. I would say 'sorry', Princey, but I honestly don't care." Virgil said, sitting up straighter.

"Wow, thanks." Roman rolled his eyes and Virgil laughed.

"Again, you think you can be sarcastic?"

"Is this the same thing as the 'whatever' thing?"

"Yep."

"Oh good Lord."

Virgil laughed. "Okay, okay, I won't say anything." He said, holding his hands up. Roman laughed. "What?"

"Nothing."

"There's always something with you, Sing-A-Lot. So come on." Virgil poked Roman in the shoulder. "Spill."

"Nothing, really." Roman insisted. Virgil sighed.

"Fine." He picked at a loose string on his hoodie. "I saw you, by the way. In that film. Uh, Twisted Whatchamacallit."

"Twisted Thorns?"

"Yeah, that." Virgil ran a hand through his hair. "You were, um, you were good."

Roman smiled at the shorter boy. "Thanks."

Virgil smiled a little then his face dropped as if he realised what he was doing. He stood up and grabbed his bag. "You know this doesn't change anything, don't you Princey?"

Roman sighed a little. "Yeah. Yeah, I know."

Virgil nodded shortly. "Good. Because it doesn't." He walked off to the other side of the rehearsal room. Roman sighed.

"I was just thinking how nice it was to be friends again, that's all Virge." He thought.

"Hey! Virgil!"

Virgil sighed but stopped and turned around.

"What Roman? And can we walk and talk? I'm gonna miss the bus otherwise."

"Uh, sure." Virgil had already started walking before Roman had even finished his sentence.

"What d'you want, Roman?"

"I was just curious, that's all."

Virgil sighed and shoved his hands into his hoodie pockets. "There are two things that you're curious about and I'm not sure which one is better. You're either curious about my uni boyfriend or you're curious about what I thought of your performance as Prince Straight-Name. So go on, which is it?"

"I, uh, the first one."

"To quote a certain Disney parrot 'I think I'm gonna have a heart attack and die of not surprised'." Virgil quoted, completely dead-pan. "Fine, what d'you wanna know about him? Apart from the obvious."

"Uh, what he was like?"

"Fine. Um, he was smart and nice. That enough info for you?" Roman opened his mouth to answer. "Know what, that wouldn't be enough info for me. Uh, he was called Logan. And... he made me happy." Virgil said, looking down at his feet and smiling a little sadly.

"What happened?"

"He left me. For his high school boyfriend. And I honestly don't blame him. The guy was a lot more cheerful than I was. Think they even went to our school. But anyway, yeah, um, that wasn't exactly fun." He looked at Roman. "I'm gonna miss the bus. See you around?"

"Uh, yeah. See you."

CHAPTER 15, HERE WE ARE, I CAN LEGALLY END THE BOOK NOW! If I want to. Also, I'm just making this damn story up as I go along because past me was not at all helpful with the story plan. This is, and I quote, the third point. *clears throat* 'They start to get along'. Why thank you, past Blaize. Very helpful.
Bye,
Blaize