Chapter 37

Virgil sighed. "Remy, why are you calling me?"

"Because we finally got tickets to Van Leer Whatever."

Virgil let his face fall onto his pillow, muffling his words. "Remy, it's called Van Leer Rose. It's three words, not that difficult to remember."

"What? Bitch, I can't hear you."

"Doesn't matter. Why are you calling me? I have much better things to do."

"Like what?"

"Wallowing in self-loathing."

"Virge, you're 25."

"And?"

"Wallowing in self-loathing is a teenage practice. Grow up to 'having an early mid-life crisis' like the rest of us."

Virgil counted down in his head. "Five, four, three tw-"

"Why are you wallowing in self-loathing anyway?" Remy's curiosity had reached a new record.

Virgil sighed and stared at his ceiling. "Because I've fallen in love with the same person for the third time."

"You mean, you and Roman-?"

"Yup."

"And you-"

"Yep."

"And you've-"

"Yeah."

Remy snorted and sounded like he was muffling his laughter with his hand. "What were you saying when I came to visit you about you being over Roman?"

"I think I liked it better when you wanted to kill him, please shut up."

"So... you've got to kiss your crush on stage."

"Shut up!"

Remy laughed. Really loudly. "You maybe be an adult but you've still got the heart of an emo teenage bitch."

"I will hang up on you."

"And I'll just call you again."

"I'll block you."

"I'll pester you through Issac and Emile." Virgil let out an audible sigh and Remy laughed. "You can't escape me, bitch."

"Is there any other reason to this phone call or can I go back to wallowing in self-loathing?"

Virgil could practically hear Remy eye-rolling through the phone. "Fine, you can go back to be a sad bitch. Bye."

"Bye." Virgil ended the call and sighed, throwing his phone on the bedside table.

"Why, out of all the boys in the whole universe, did I have to fall for the same asshole three separate times?" He asked his ceiling. "I guess that assholes of a feather stick together or some shit like that. But again? Seriously?"

"Sunshine-"

"For the last time, Roman, I'm not being Juliet in your fucking Romeo and Juliet play."

"Why not? You'd make just about the prettiest Juliet I've ever seen."

Virgil looked up at Roman, raising his eyebrow. "Did you just steal a line from Singin' In The Rain to compliment me with and thought I wouldn't notice?"

Roman pouted and crossed his arms. "I'm out of ideas, come on, please."

"Fuck off." Virgil said, running a hand through his dyed hair and looking back at his phone.

"No."

"Princey." Virgil said warningly.

"No."

"Roman."

"No."

Virgil sighed and glared at Roman. His glare melted away as he took in the fact that Roman was making puppy-dog eyes at him. "How are you so annoying and yet so adorable at the same time?"

Roman laughed. "It's a speciality of mine."

"Well it's frustrating."

"Aw, do you have a crush on me?"

Virgil looked up from his phone for the third time. "We're dating."

"That doesn't answer my question."

"What kind of answer do you want? I'm pretty sure 'we're dating' is a pretty solid answer."

Roman shook his head. "It's not. This is." He kissed Virgil, who jumped before wrapping his arms around Roman's neck, almost on instinct. Roman pulled back slowly and grinned at Virgil.

Virgil looked down at his hands, flustered.

"Fine. Maybe I have a small crush on you." He muttered.

"Success!"

Most of this chapter was a shit-post and it's so, so fun to write. Don't worry, the climax of the story is coming soon, the filler will soon be over.
Bye,
Blaize