"You sure u don't want to try ?'' Trainy asked, passing me a white thin rolled paper, patched with a burnt edge already. The smell had awfully surrounded this area by now.

I shook my head, I rejected his offer quietly.

Trainy, my classmate and neighbor who lives a few blocks away from me encountered each other from school but never communicate until now. He saw me stroll through the empty lighted streets alone, then saw me walking past next to his house as I saw him and a group of grownups which I assume their high schoolers at a garage. It felt so chilling yet toxic because of this odd odor.

I lay against the wall as I continuously observe alone in quiet.

"Don't peer pressure him you asshole" a brunette girl approached the scene out of nowhere, where she walked out of the door where she was right across from me.

Trainy surrender his arms along with smoke, "aye, I was just asking, this guy needs to have a sort of fun in his life" he smirked.

The girl rolls his eyes, with her arms crossed against her chest then turns to face me. "Don't mind him, he's a wannabe ass gang boy, have you seen this guy's clothes?"

I turned to observe Trainy as he was smoking and interacting with the other guys who were also smoking and teasing each other. I chuckled and looked down at the ground.

I guess this is why he's never around in school. He mostly spends his time here at home getting wasted.

"So...what's your name?" The girl asked. "I don't think I have ever seen you here in this neighborhood before, this town knows everyone. the gossip is widely opened around here but in my case, I don't often chitchat so don't worry, you won't really be the talk, or whatever."

I guess she really wants to talk to me. I looked up and I see her sitting on a bar stool chair right next to me which she grabbed seconds ago.

"A person you won't probably see ever again" I stated.

She laughed, but what's so funny about that? I often move anyways.

"Okay, a person I won't probably see ever again," she joked

"My name is Jane, Trainy's step-sister" she gave in a comforting smile.

I nodded.

During the night, Jane and I were getting to know each other but I didn't really have much in, she did most of the talking, but I never really complained. Trainy and the other guys were just doing their own thing and still smoking.

"How old are you Theo?" She asked.

"Thirteen," I said shortly.

She looked shocked. "Wow, certainly younger than trainy, you look more mature than your age"

"And you are?" I asked, with my brows raised.

"Two years older than you" she clarified as she chuckles.

I'm guessing she wants me to know her age, rather than saying it. I don't know...I can't calculate her age at this moment...too lazy anyways, but her being older definitely looks right within her age.

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall it was 12 a.m.,

"shouldn't you be home by now?" Jane asked, "it's a school day anyways"

I didn't realize the time, I left 2 hours ago.

Dad is not yet home until then. Taylor is sleeping over at her friend's out, she mentions to her mom that she'll just go to school with her friends right after and then will head home. Mom couldn't care less about me anyways so there's no point.